Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Direction Bug Thread] - General direction Bugs

Default [Direction Bug Thread] - General direction Bugs

For the Quest "Return of the Light" the way point for Prophet Velen is a little bit off.
    On the Order Hall campaign the "Tech It Up A Notch" is also a little bit off.
    The same goes for "Dark Grimoire: The First Ingredient". The way point is also a little bit off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark Grmoire - The First Ingredient.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	675.7 KB 
ID:	1301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tech It Up A Notch.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	538.7 KB 
ID:	1300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Return of the Light.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	406.8 KB 
ID:	1299  

Default Dream of Argus - First & Second Fragment

Both "Dream of Argus: The First Fragment" as well as "Dream of Argus: The Second Fragment" are a little-bit off. The Screenshot of the First Fragment is not that good (due to the open map), but it should still be clear from the minimap that the cave entrance and the npc itself is a little bit off the direction of the waypoint marker. For the Second Fragment it is also not directing to the NPC "Vok Blacktongue" but the opposite direction.

Name:	Dream of Argus - The First Fragment.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	1305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dream of Argus - The Second Fragment.jpg 
Size:	293.4 KB 
ID:	1306  

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

Looks to me that there is confusion with the guides and watched quests, the waypoints work differently to the ones in a guide.
    So if you click on a quest within the watched quests (Quests) heading, the guides will point to the quest on the map, this is using the blizzards locale for that quest. It will not point directly to an item or npc required to find in a certain area (blue haze).
    The watched quests appear on the map as a yellow dot with the corresponding number, if clicked, blue haze will appear indicating the quest area for that specific quest. For this kind of thing you will need to make a ticket with Blizzard.

Looking on the objective tracker under the minimap. you will see:

1. Guide = Dugi guides, able to select a guide, this is where it will be if one is active.
    2. Quests = This is where all watched quests collate.
    3. Achievements = This is where all watched achievements collate.

If one disabled dugi guides, you will lose the Guides section in the objective tracker.

If there is a waypoint out of place in a guide, this is where we can fix the waypoints for that guide. However, if I have miss understood, please correct me.

I also see:

• Prophet Valen, what guide was that? and what step?
    • Order Hall, I gather from some screenshots that you're a Priest, what step was that?
    Last edited by Caluril; 02-11-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Hello Caluril,

thank you for the answer. OK, then it probably was a quests way point (atleast for "Dream of Argus" and for "Dark Gemoire - The First Ingredient") I activated and not an active guide as they are part from the Harrison Jones Follower Quests. I will check that again (if there is explicitly a guide for Harrison Jones I could load) when I get to the quest again (These kind of quests for Harrison Jones have popped up like 2 or 3 times per my Mage and Priest). But when I clicked the number on the other steps of the "Dream of Argus" Quests (and the other Harrison Jones Quests) Dugi set the way points correctly.

Yes, that was the Class Hall from my Priest. I did it with the class hall guide loaded. I played Legion with guides only this far and the class hall guide is still not finished yet (I am now at 26% of the guide. The next step is "Proper Introductions".).
    Sadly the Prophet Velen thing is a little-bit ago and was done on another computer, but I used the class hall guide for that (I played legion with class hall guide and legion profession guides only until now).
    Last edited by brollylssj; 02-11-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Like the devil has spoken => I just got the "Dream of Argus" Quest from Harrison Jones. I did not find a guide for it, so it indeed were only way points created from clicking on the quest. I just tried the guides to see if there is a guide, but I did not find one (when clicking on the follower guides on Harrison Jones on the Achievements it does not load anything and manually searching the achievements it did not show the ones from Harrison Jones either), so the only thing I could do was to click on the quests to add way points to Dugi. The way points for the Final Fragment is at least mostly near the guy on the hill, while the Contract starting quest and the First Fragment are "way off". The last part (Crystal retrieving, no picture taken) is spot on (it sets the way point correctly inside the cave).

Maybe that is more a way point (TomTom) bug and not a guide bug and still be possible to fix? If not this can be ignored I guess. I will then try to make sure that I have guides loaded if I encounter way point bugs.

Name:	Treasure Contract - The Artificer.jpg 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	1307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dream of Arugs - The First Fragment.jpg 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	1308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dream of Arugs - The Second Fragment.jpg 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	1309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dream of Arugs - The Final Fragment.jpg 
Size:	377.2 KB 
ID:	1310  

Quote Originally Posted by brollylssj View Post
    if there is explicitly a guide for Harrison Jones I could load
    There should be one if memory serves me right, I am sorry it's been a long time since I used Draenor content.
    Erm, I think it is in Dailies > Draenor > Harrison Jones Daily (Horde or Alliance it will be in the same place)

These kind of quests for Harrison Jones have popped up like 2 or 3 times per my Mage and Priest). But when I clicked the number on the other steps of the "Dream of Argus" Quests (and the other Harrison Jones Quests) Dugi set the way points correctly.
    The info taken by the locale for the quests may be out a slight and/or the (xx.xx, xx.xx) style coordinates, they still can be inaccurate to a degree as well. So this could be a combination of one or both for some quests.
    You could be right as well, a Tom Tom bug, this could be added to the above as well to also make it more difficult to pin point.

In guides we try to be accurate as possible, but there's no guarantee, only a guarantee for fast levelling considering that these guides point you directly to the quest giver and the quest objectives, it greatly reduces the time spent on figuring out what to do or where to go and searching for things.

Yes, that was the Class Hall from my Priest. I did it with the class hall guide loaded. I played Legion with guides only this far and the class hall guide is still not finished yet (I am now at 26% of the guide. The next step is "Proper Introductions".).
    Sadly the Prophet Velen thing is a little-bit ago and was done on another computer, but I used the class hall guide for that (I played legion with class hall guide and legion profession guides only until now).
    Okay when I get some more free time I will take a look at the Class Hall guide for Priests and optimize it a tad.
    Last edited by Caluril; 02-12-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Administrator Undead Male Warrior

all of the above, fixed for next build, thank you for reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Caluril View Post
    Erm, I think it is in Dailies > Draenor > Harrison Jones Daily (Horde or Alliance it will be in the same place)
    Thank you, yes the guides are there.

Awesome, you're welcome m8

Default [Guide] - Harrison Jones - Suggestions

Yesterday I tried the Harrison Jones Guide for "Treasure Contract - The Thunderlord Sage" with Dugi 8.693. On the First step it would be nice if the guide would also consider riding as I cannot fly in WoD (nor in Legion) as I did not have all steps finished for that and your guide wants me to ride a mountain up which I cannot ride (because it is too steep). For the Part "Gronnsbane - The Blessing of Frost" it would be nice if you could add text to it, that you need to walk up the tower when arriving at the way point (your arrow finishes downside in the tower, while the "Blessing of Frost Stone" is on top as seen on my Second picture).

Though I would say these are more suggestions than bug reports, but I still wanted to post them.

Name:	Gronnsbane - The Blessing of Frost.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	271.1 KB 
ID:	1319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Treasure Contract - The Thunderlord Sage.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	309.6 KB 
ID:	1318