Thread: Dungeons in leveling guide? Seriously!?!?!?

Default Dungeons in leveling guide? Seriously!?!?!?

I am a returning player and have not played for a while. I have had a great deal of success in the past with Dugi guides but I am really struggling now and it is frustrating. So much that this will probably be the last month with my subscription if I cannot figure something out.

I am currently level 107 and ever guide in order to progress has me doing dungeons and I really do not want to do them now. I am mostly a solo leveler. I abhor leveling in groups. I am also re-learning the game and do not need the stress of having to get into a dungeon to get to a certain point in the guide. I am sorry but forcing dungeons is just ridiculous.

Where can someone go in the guide if they do not want to do dungeons yet?

Senior Member Human Male Paladin

In each of the legion zones, at the end of the zone it does lead to a dungeon quest. That dungeon quest does not to be done to complete the achievement for the zone leading to loremaster of Legion.

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by hennesey View Post
    Where can someone go in the guide if they do not want to do dungeons yet?
    There is no setting, Just need to remember that at end of each legion zone leads to a dungeon, if you don't want to do them, skip that step and not accept the quest, move on to the next guide.

To answer your subject of this "whinge #2" post:
    Yes seriously, dungeon quest is at end of each zone, naturally fits in these guides as you "complete the zone this quest is unlocked", if you don't like this idea, then submit your frustration over to Blizzard. After all they are the ones who put the quests in.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-18-2018 at 02:25 PM.

I finally figured it out. I was literally stuck with the fact that I could not progress with the guide and would have to grind from 107 on and that was because every zone I picked to level in was complete up until the dungeon part. I got so frustrated that I stopped playing for about a month. I just did not want to do the grind. So I pick it back up a few days ago and still seemed to be stuck. That is is what led to my frustration post.

However..... I was finally able to figure it out and the problem is with the guide itself. I was led to a portion of the guide where I had to accept a question from the scout map that was not there. Was not available to me and was never available to me. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. Out of frustration I clicked that I had completed the quest and the next quest and the pointed me to some highmountain quests. From there I was able to level to 110 from question. This now leads to a new problem....

I skipped to go to the BFA quest line and I am told to accept a quest called "A Dying World" and I can't find it anywhere. I am at the place in Stormwind where it is supposed to be and I cannot accept the quest because the NPC is not there. So after doing some digging it appears I may have to do two parts of a quest line first.

According to Wowhead the order is

1. Hour of Reckoning
    2. Battle for Loreaeron
    3. A dying world

I am about see if that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by hennesey View Post
    I skipped to go to the BFA quest line and I am told to accept a quest called "A Dying World" and I can't find it anywhere. I am at the place in Stormwind where it is supposed to be and I cannot accept the quest because the NPC is not there. So after doing some digging it appears I may have to do two parts of a quest line first.

According to Wowhead the order is

1. Hour of Reckoning
    2. Battle for Loreaeron
    3. A dying world
    Yeah wowhead is right, so you will need to load up Battle for Lordaeron first and complete it. The guide should end with a green link to click "Continue to [War Campaign (110-120)]".

First section of the War Campaign guide will unlock Boralus, and should get to choose a zone by interacting with the scouting table, you then choose the guide that matches your selection.

I have leveled so many characters and not once have I seen any issues like what you describe. Perhaps you can help by recording a short video so we can narrow down the cause.

Some tips if quest givers do not appear;
    We all know that games aren't perfect and strange things happen to random people.
    If a quest giver or an npc does not appear, try logging out and exiting World of Warcraft.
    Log out of Battle.net app and then exit Battle.net app completely.
    Open Task Manager (CTRL + Shift + ESC)
    Ensure that Blizzard Battle.net App, Blizzard Update Agent are not running, if they are, End Task them both.
    Run Battle.net App and then Re-log in.
    Run World of Warcraft and log back on to the problematic character.
    This usually helps.

If the quest is not a breadcrumb and it is still not showing, you could start a ticket with Blizzard to find what else you can do, they no longer reset quests, they always point to wowhead or wowdb.
    Most likely they will suggest to do a UI reset. This will involve moving or deleting 3 folders. (Interface, Cache & WTF)

I wish you luck and hope you have a better experience in BfA.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-19-2018 at 09:00 AM.

I am not sure if the guide is broken or not. I have tried everything and so far it has not guided me anywhere in BFA. My initial quest line was for Stormsong Valley and had to do almost all of that because the guide did not work. I am now on tiragarde sound and once again it is not working. I am at the Eastpoint station. Standing near bunch of quests and the guide is not telling me to select a single quest. This make absolutely zero sense. I even checked the box to switch to the tiragarde sound quests and it still does not do anything. I have reloaded the guide and reset the guide.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall. This is frustrating.

If you are gonna do that, then I suggest to use the Dugi Installer if you are not already.

Ensure that WoW is not running.
    Just download and run the Dugi Installer exe file from the members section, click on the Settings button and input your ultimatewowguide forum username and password in their appropriate fields & while you are in the Settings, check the game + launcher paths to see if they are correct and then click on the Okay button.
    Check for "Welcome, hennesy" along with your modules that you paid for or entitled to via subscription.

Click on the Settings button again.
    Click on Repair, this will completely remove the addon and all variables that may get left behind.
    It should come up with a confirmation window, click on the Okay button.
    Click on the Okay button again, this is in the Settings window.
    The Dugi Installer should automatically download + install the guides. If not, click on the Reinstall button.

Run the game again and I hope that the guides are functioning properly this time.

On a further note, I do recall that you said that you are a returning player, welcome back btw.
    Do you use other addons other than Dugi Guides?
    If so, have you updated the other addons?

If you use Curse / Twitch app you can see your list of installed addons, look at all of them and look in current version column, they all should have 8.0.1 or higher.
    If some are 7.3.5 etc and there are no updates for them, best bet would be to uninstall or disable them. I will strongly advise to uninstall them, make a note of the addon on a pad to keep an eye out for any updates for it, if any in the future.
    You can follow this guide to ignore Dugi Essentials https://imgur.com/a/pIKGZmz

Dugi Essentials is the trial version of the guides, if this overwrites your existing guides, they will reset to trial and all modules you're entitled to will not be available.

One other addon that may spark interest, or not, is Dugi Workshop, works with Auctioneer or auctionator addons and helps with selling / buying from the auction house.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-21-2018 at 03:54 AM.

On a further note, I am sorry of this seems insulting, it's not my intention here. Have you selected the appropriate guide?
    Right click on step "No Guide Loaded". This will bring up the main guide window.
    Click on leveling > Battle for Azeroth > Tiragarde Sound (110-120)

The Tiragarde Sound guide should load up and steps should auto detect if they are completed. Some "Travel to ..." steps may need to be manually ticked. You should find where you're up to reasonably quick.

By default the Dugi Zone Map is enabled, if you want the Dugi Arrow visible all the time, then simply right click on the first step, like earlier, and then click on the gear cog (to the right of Current Guide tab), Click on Dugi Zone Map and then uncheck Enable Zone Map.

Like I said at the beginning of this post, if you already know this and took offense then I apologise, it wasn't my intention, just trying to narrow down possible issues.