Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some Follower Guides crash WoW

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by brollylssj View Post
    I do not have the pet "Singing Sunflower" and I did not had to click a pet at all though. I only needed to have Auctionator loaded and trying to open the Delvar Ironfist guide. I just tested it again. It crashes for me with only Dugi and Auctionator enabled. The only pet active was my water elemental (Frost Mage). But also with my Priest (Holy Spec, no pet) it crashes directly on loading the Delvar Ironfist guide. No other addons loaded.
    I am fully aware that the Singing Sunflower pet was not the cause of your issue.
    I do recall that I have stepped out some solutions for you to try, have you tried them all?

Can you please list all of the addons that you have and I will do my best to replicate it.
    I had both Auctionator and Dugi Guides enabled alone and was not able to replicate that issue, https://www.ultimatewowguide.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36095.
    I do see a list here: https://www.ultimatewowguide.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36100.
    Are your addons still the same?

If there's any more info that could aid me, it would be nice to include that as well.

I am so confused, you said that you don't use Curse anymore because of a one off virus infection way back in 2006, a huge 12 years ago, a lot has changed since then.
    If you don't use / trust curse, how did you obtain Auctionator with "Minion"?

The one on wowinterface.com is insanely outdated, it's not funny, to the point that the version available on wowinterface is discontinued. So, that now only leaves curseforge.com (curse.com is the same entity as curseforge.com), the exact place that had virus infections back in 2006. Hmm.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-28-2018 at 05:38 PM.

As I said in post #6, I use "WoW Addon Updater" (open source addon installer) which is able to install addons from both curse and wowinterface. I use that for curse only though as I am using minion for the addons from wowinterface. Yes, that list in post #4 is still current.

Quote Originally Posted by brollylssj View Post
    As I said in post #6, I use "WoW Addon Updater" (open source addon installer) which is able to install addons from both curse and wowinterface. I use that for curse only though as I am using minion for the addons from wowinterface. Yes, that list in post #4 is still current.
    Sorry, I missed that.

Okay, I will move my current Cache, Interface and WTF folders to a thumb drive.
    I am in the process to match your addons, which is why it's important to know exactly where and how you got them.

Success, I replicated this issue. I will look in to this thoroughly to see what is causing this.
    I'll either edit this post or make a new reply with my findings.

--edit--

I disabled the addons in this exact order:

1. Mapcoords - way out of date for game version 2.4.0, I may have installed the wrong addon. Thats why I asked for more specifics, oh well.
    2. Adibags (everything to do with that addon).
    3. Altoholic and DataStore
    4. Bigwigs and Littlewigs
    5. Details!
    6. GarrisonCommander
    7. Guild Roster Manager
    8. Lightheaded
    9. OrderHallCommander
    10. Pawn
    11. Skillet
    12. The Undermine Journal
    13. Wowhead Looter

The above addons aren't responsible for the pausing in this case.

I can confirm that the addon responsible is Auctionator.

At this point all I can suggest to do is either 1. Disable Auctionator and continue with getting followers or 2. Use a different auctioning addon like Auntioneer or TSM.

As I said in post #8 "There does seem to be a clash with Dugi Guides and Auctionator."

I am absolutely not sure if Dugi can do something his end to make this work, but we will need to know exactly what is the cause first.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-29-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Thank you for reproducing it. Yes, I am at the moment disabling Auctionator when I use the guide and only enable it when I am at the auction house.

As for MapCoords. WoWInterface has more versions, but only one is supported with 8.0.1: https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...MapCoords.html and that is the one I have installed (v0.28 from Jim-Bim).

It probably is hard to find and I do not expect it to be fixed tomorrow or next week. But sometime in the Future (like in a month or next year or something like that) would be good.

You are welcome m8, i will be talking to Dugi in Skype later on today.

Administrator Undead Male Warrior

just to confirm we are fixing this

Thank you for looking into it. If there are more critical bugs you can fix them First. I just do not want this bug to be forgotten in the long term.