Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some Follower Guides crash WoW

Default Some Follower Guides crash WoW

First of all thank you for the wonderful guide. I love that it automatically suggests content. I got 2 chars (level 98 and level 99) with a Garrison (Level 2). I only took a look at the followers guides (Shadowmoon Valley and Lunar Fall). I clicked on Lunar Fall on Qiana Moonshadow and that worked fine. Daleera Moonfang and Vindicator Heluun also worked fine. But when I clicked on Delvar Ironfist it crashed WoW. The same happened with the Quests Follower Apprentice Artficer Andren and Shelly Hamby and also with the other follower guides of Shadowmoon Valley.

From your advertising / blog post should't the followers be listed in white text if I already got them? I got all from Shadowmoon Valley except Rangari Chel and Vindicator Onaala. From Lunarfall I got all except the last 3 (Nat Pagle, Milhouse Manastorm and Vindicator Heluun), so the other 4 from that guide should be white already.

I installed your guide via the zip file (did not use your client yet).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FollowersFuide_Crash2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	1274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FollowersFuide_Crash.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	1273  
    Last edited by brollylssj; 11-14-2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Change Garrison Level 1 to Level 2. Added Addon installation method (zip file).

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

Hi brollylssj
    Sorry to hear that WOW crashes when clicking on Follower Delvar Ironfist etc.

I just tried those guides and they appear to work fine. Let's try to find the problem.
    Try running WoW with just Dugi Guides enabled.
    Disable all addons at character select screen except Dugi Guides.

If the issue persists, I will then recommend to download Dugi Installer:

• Ensure WoW is not running.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Input your Username and Password in their appropriate fields.
    • Click on the Okay button.
    • Check for Welcome, brollylssj
    • Go back in to the Settings.
    • Click on Repair and wait for a confirmation window.
    • Click on Okay
    • Click on Okay
    • Click on Reinstall button if the downloader is not downloading / installing.

If all above still hasn't resolved your issue and wow still crashes.

• Open up Battle.net launcher.
    • Click on Options, under left hand side of Battle for Azeroth logo.
    • Click Scan and Repair
    • Click on Yes to User prompt (if it appears)
    • Wait for Scan to finish.

Run Wow and check to see if this fixed it. If not, we could look at something different.

Hello Caluril,

thank you for the answer. I will try the steps. But that could take some time. Will report back after the tests.

OK, the test was faster than expected.

I have these addons installed:

Adibags
    Altoholic
    Auctionator
    BigWigs
    Details!
    Dugi Questing Essentials
    GarrisonCommander
    Guild Roster Manager
    Lightheaded
    LittleWigs
    MapCoords
    OrderHallCommander
    Pawn
    Skillet
    The Undermine Journal
    Wowhead
    Seems to be the culprit is Auctionator. All the other addons work fine and Delvar Ironfist now also opens fine.

Quote Originally Posted by brollylssj View Post
    OK, the test was faster than expected.

I have these addons installed:

Seems to be the culprit is Auctionator. All the other addons work fine and Delvar Ironfist now also opens fine.
    Interesting, I would look at checking every other addon to see if they are updated to current release versions. If they already are updated, I would then uninstall and reinstall.
    To make this process easier and quicker I use the Twitch / Curse app.
    Just follow the steps in this album to ensure Dugi Guides will not get updated by this app.

As always, when it comes to installing, updating, removal of addons for World of Warcraft, always ensure that WoW is not running.

It's also advised to disable / enable addons at the character select screen, don't disable / enable addons using the Addons menu option in the ESC menu in game, though it will appear to be easier and quicker.
    If you disable an addon in game the addon will appear to be disabled, but the variables will still be loaded, this can cause false positive lua errors.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-15-2018 at 10:02 PM.

I already checked the update date. Auctionator is up to date (v5.0.5). I also removed it (deleted the item) and did e reinstallation. I do not use curse updater though. I use the "WoW Addon Updater" for Adibags and Auctionator on curse. All other addons were installed with "minion" from WoWInterface. I do not trust curse as they were spreading trojans in the year 2006 and they knew it but werent able to do anything as they lost access to their web hoster back then. Since then I do not trust their updaters anymore. I also manually updated Auctionator to the latest version from github (soon to be released as v5.0.6) without success. I will probably stick to just disable it when I need to use the followers guide. Luckily it is only one addon.

Found another thing that causes the instant crash.
    1. Load Dugi + Auctionator.
    2. Summon Singing Sunflower Pet
    3. Target the pet by clicking it.
    4. Wow freezes and stops responding.

Quote Originally Posted by djricko View Post
    Found another thing that causes the instant crash.
    1. Load Dugi + Auctionator.
    2. Summon Singing Sunflower Pet
    3. Target the pet by clicking it.
    4. Wow freezes and stops responding.
    Yep, I am able to replicate that.

This is interesting indeed.
    I have tried with judt dugi guides to try and replicate that and, negative.
    Then shortly after tried just with Auctionator addon and again it was negative.

So there does seem to be a clash with Dugi Guides and Auctionator.

I will test with Auctioneer suite, complete with compatibility with all other addons in the suite as well.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-27-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Okay I tested the Auctioneer addon with the following method.
    Enable Dugi Guides with Auctioneer Suite
    Released Pet 'Singing Sunshine'
    Targeted 'Singning Sunshine'
    Game does not freeze.

Dugi's WOW Addon Installer may be of interest, it's available here: https://www.ultimatewowguide.com/dgm...anual-install/.
    You may need to purchase a module to get access, not sure with that.

I still use this awesome tool.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-27-2018 at 07:46 PM.

I do not have the pet "Singing Sunflower" and I did not had to click a pet at all though. I only needed to have Auctionator loaded and trying to open the Delvar Ironfist guide. I just tested it again. It crashes for me with only Dugi and Auctionator enabled. The only pet active was my water elemental (Frost Mage). But also with my Priest (Holy Spec, no pet) it crashes directly on loading the Delvar Ironfist guide. No other addons loaded.