Thread: skipping quest

Junior Member NightElf Male Hunter

Default skipping quest

what to do about quests that can't be finished because my gear isn't good enough. and skipping the quest stops the story line.

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

That would really depend on what guide you are currently using or referring to.

If you mean the 'War Campaign' then I would suggest to do normal dungeons until you got item level 310+ gear, then proceed to heroic dungeons which will be 320+ item level gear. You can do some World quests which tend to drop (scaled to your current item level) 315 - 320 item level gear, (this will change as your item level increases), these WQ's you can group up as well. **Be sure to do the ones that correspond to the Emissary World Quests, completing one can reward with 340+ item level gear.**
    Depending on your current reputation, you can buy an item level 320 Back.

Not knowing more information this is the best advise I can give.

Depending on the quest chain, skipping quests is not advised and thus will not open other quests. You will then be stuck up a river without a paddle.
    If gear is a problem, then try grouping with guildies or friends. You are welcome to add me Caluril#1991 I will gladly help you, or anyone, that's me, a helpful guy But some quests are not shareable or like me I have already completed most of the quests in Zuldazar / Kul Tiras on two of my main characters in Horde and Alliance. Some quests phase you out from others, though you are in a group, if the other is not on the same quest or they had already completed it, the two of you will appear 'phased'.

You can check out www.icy-veins.com/wow, hover the mouse pointer over Classes and select the spec of the class of your current character. I love this site, it helps out with getting to know your class. Take a good look at the talents and read what each talent does, and make changes accordingly to what you want, also, take a good look at the rotations as well.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-14-2018 at 08:27 AM.

I would also include the World Bosses (join a group when you get close), the Warfront when your faction is attacking, and then the Arathi Highlands when your faction is waiting (its World Boss included). The Arathi Highlands rares can have some really good drops if the RNG is with you.

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

@blovett
    Thanks, I completely forgot about World Bosses and the Warfront.
    Last edited by Caluril; 11-14-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: kind of repeated blovett without realising