Thread: Waypoints (for Warlords of Draenor)

Default Waypoints (for Warlords of Draenor)

I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been brought up yet, but alas, I shall. I scanned the existing bugs and did not find this issue.

The waypoints for Shadowmoon Valley and Nagrand in Draenor are not displaying. This has been an issue since 8.0 BfA and still needs correcting. I still go here for the pet battles (as I'm sure many do) and still like to use my macro for making the rounds.

With no other addons, the problem persists. The following worked pre 8.0, but is now just showing a generic map icon instead of an arrow and the explanation of "Waypoint arrow not available. Click here to check the world map."

Code:
    /way Shadowmoon Valley:Draenor 50 31 Ashlei
    /way Nagrand:Draenor 56.2 9.8 Tarr the Terrible
    When clicking on the message, the old Outland zones are displayed for the associated request above.

I know this is a TomTom related issue, but I've not seen anything on their site either, and as I do not have TomTom installed, I'm hoping that you have a solution. The only thing that I could cypher from their forums is an idea of using Zone ID's?? I would welcome this greatly, as they would indeed be shorter that the above waste of characters.

Thank you for looking into this!

-Shiholude

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

Try this in Shadowmoon Valley
    Code:
    /way 50 31 Ashlei
    And this in Nagrand
    Code:
    /way 56.2 9.8 Tarr the Terrible
    They will only work in the current according zone, so ensure you do the leg work to get to the zone first and then use the macro.

If you want the full usage of your original macro, disable Dugi Guides and enable TomTom and then use your original macro.

However, I have been messing around with this kind of thing.
    Confirmation, I removed TomTom addon completely, the feature "TomTom Addon Emulation" does a pretty good job. I've always had issues before, where both TomTom and Dugi Guides fight for rights etc, i.e they tend to clash, a lot. Which explains the emulation feature.
    While working with the Paku'ai achievement guide I experimented with:
    Code:
    /way Dazar'alor:Zuldazar 50.68 35.41 Chronicler Ash'tari
    I was kind of expecting the same kind of behavior seen with Draenor zones clashing with Outland but to my surprise, it worked.
    So there does seem to be a clash with zones on that aspect.
    Last edited by Caluril; 10-29-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Administrator Undead Male Warrior

we're working on this

Thanks. Good to hear its not off your radar.

Checking in to see if you have been able to find out anything? Giving this a month, I hoped that perhaps you were able to find a tidbit of info. Is there anything I can do to help?