Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem: Making much gold

Senior Member Human Male Warlock

bartender4, an all in one bag addon, auditor.

Wut about gold making? Can anyone give me some pointers on what seems to sell universally on every realm. Like i said, i cant seem to make more then 3k in one week.

3k per week every week?

Ya just about that. Is that alot? I end up spending most of it on gear for my new level 80 and enchants as well so this does not seem like a lot. I have seen screenshots of people with over 50k!!! Thats what Im after.

Senior Member Tauren Male Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by leunam87 View Post
    Ya just about that. Is that alot? I end up spending most of it on gear for my new level 80 and enchants as well so this does not seem like a lot. I have seen screenshots of people with over 50k!!! Thats what Im after.
    The way you get over 50K is not to spend it... ;-]

So making 3 k a week is good then? I thought with the guide that it would help me make somewhere around 10k a week.

its all about your place in the market. 3k is good for starting out. i'd try saving that for about 3-4 weeks and branch out in new markets. never know might make more gold that way.

Ok thanks Crystaltech. My problem was that I just got my first level 80 so i started spending gold on his gear and enchants and then sockets as well so that is where all of my money was going. But then again this is my first character and he already has his dual talent specs, all of the available riding mounts from Darnassus, and 1 epic flying mount. So im just gonna save all of my gold. But is there any 1 or 2 things that absolutey always sells on the AH. Im having trouble making more then 50g profit on any item. Most of my profits are ususally around 3-5 per item which is not gonna get me anywhere anytime soon. Sometimes I will see a certain orb (can't remember the exact name of it right now) on the trade channel for 600g and then go and sell it for 800g. But that has been my biggest profit ever and is very rare for me to find a deal like this. Any suggestions?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by crytsaltech View Post
    its all about your place in the market. 3k is good for starting out. i'd try saving that for about 3-4 weeks and branch out in new markets. never know might make more gold that way.
    Also what do you mean branch out into new markets? I dont understand. I scan the AH and buy underpriced items that show from scanning. Thats all. So what is my place in the market?
    Also the orb i couldn't remember about is a crusaders orb.

well for markets theres glyph, pet, orb, enchant mats, enchant scrolls, ore, herbs, flasks, epic gems (buy uncut and cut them). And your place in the market would be how many pages of auctions you post. (i'm a glypher so i do a carpet bomb of the ah.) Carpet bomb means to flood the market with all your product to drive out comp. don't be afraid to undercut or be undercutted. the point is to drive out the comp and keep something on the ah at all times so the prices will not reset. (some times what happens is your comp is forced to buy your stuff so their prices reset to a higher number. but if you keep it low they'll just quit posting and your market share goes up)

My step by step is almost done.
    Last edited by crytsaltech; 11-16-2009 at 04:48 PM.