Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are Epic Flying Mounts worth the price?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Tauren Male Warrior

Default Are Epic Flying Mounts worth the price?

Don't call me Noob; call me Rube. I had no idea that epic flying mounts plus the training was going to come to 5,000 gold! That would amount to nearly half of the gold I have amassed so far. Is it really worth it?

I appreciated the flying mount in Outland. Wow, it was nice! For whatever reason, I am not able to access it in Northrend. Thus my Level 70 hunter is riding about on his old Level 30 kitty (I passed up the epic riding mount because the flying mount was made available under the new patch).

If this is just a matter of vanity, I don't care to spend that much gold just to look nice. Does the epic flying mount make that much difference for leveling and for other game play?

Junior Member NightElf Male Hunter

i'm still saving for mine, i just gotta say if it made outlands better/easier, then it would stand to reason that it would make northrend better/easier too. on a pvp server i know it sucks when horde can drop out of the sky and gank to where youre dead before you even know what hit you.

everyone in my guild grab one as soon as they can and nobody complains about having one so don't see how you could go wrong

5,000 gold is expensive but you'll get there eventually. And the reason why you can't access your mount in Northrend is because you need to purchase cold weather flying to be able to fly there, and its available for 1,000g. You also get an achievement after the purchase.

epic flying is worth having. when you can fly at 280 speed you can complete quests faster and farm faster. while I think epic flying is to much after u have it gold and questing become so easy.

Okay, what the hell... I got the training (4750 gold) and the mount, a swift red griffon (95 gold). What's money for, anyhow?

But now when I try to summon the damned thing, I get the message: "You can't use that here". I dunno, I've got the training and the bird, and I'm standing in Northrend. So how come I can't use it?

Okay, I think I've figured out the problem. Although it's possible to BUY an epic flying mount at Level 70, apparently you can't FLY one in Northrend until Level 77 when you get Cold Weather Training.

Dumber than hell. I wish somebody had told me that before I sprung for 5,000 gold. I"m six full levels away from being able to use what I just bought...

It's alright, when you hit 77 you'll appreciate it a lot. Not to mention you'll easily make back the gold now as you level, because when you hit 80, you can now help yourself gear up faster with your gold instead of worrying about mount costs.

Quote Originally Posted by siightunnown View Post
    It's alright, when you hit 77 you'll appreciate it a lot. Not to mention you'll easily make back the gold now as you level, because when you hit 80, you can now help yourself gear up faster with your gold instead of worrying about mount costs.
    I agree. However, I coulda done a lot at the Auction House between Level 70 and Level 77 with the extra 5,000 gold.

What's done, is done!
    I bet you'll enjoy it when you reach level 77.

By the way, you can earn a lot gold in Northrend already, so you will save up quickly. ^_^

Junior Member NightElf Male Hunter

if you have a lvl 80 toon, you can buy a BOA cold weather flying training book for 1000g at the dalaran landing pad. you can then mail it to any toon on your account and provided they're at least lvl 70, they can use the BOA book to train cold weather flying. you also dont have to purchase the epic mount.. you can still use your flying mount from Outland to fly around northrend once you train the cold weather flying. you're not going to go as fast as you would with epic mount but its infinitely easier to complete the quests in borean tundra and the early 70's stuff with flight.