Thread: Why isn't Talented working?

Default Why isn't Talented working?

I installed everything correctly I'm almost sure,
    but I can't pick any spec at all.

They're all gray.

:/

I really wanna get this working.
    I just bought the leveling/gold/pvp package and I was loving it until now.

Am I at fault somehow?

I watched the video and read the instructions.

Are you sure you ticked the edit template button in the bottom left hand corner?

I seem to be having the same problem.

To the best of my knowledge, I have followed the steps correctly, but all the template are grayed out and unselectable. Here are some screenshots of the installation path, that Talented is selected in the add-on screen, and what I am seeing in game.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bkhagon; 07-12-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Edited photo links

I had the same problem as well but it does work now. Try deleting the Talented.lua and also the Talented.lua.bak and put the one you downloaded back in the folder. If that does not seem to work delete them again and redownload and install. Since then I have had no problems at all. The only thing I wish could work on here is to be able to left click on the talents to choose the ones you want and right click if you make a mistake. But I can't because that option in the in-game options is locked.

I had to download Talented_Loader to get it to work.

:/

Took me a super long time to figure out what I was doing wrong though.

Why isn't loader included in the download straight off the site?

Thank you both. Talented is now working and I hope to be able to make use of it tonight.

For anyone else having the same problem, the steps mentioned above seemed to work, so I'll recap:

1. Install Talented_loader. Here is a link to it on Curse.com http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ed_loader.aspx
    2. Delete and replace Talented.lua and Talented.lua.bak from "\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<YOUR ACCOUNT NAME>\SavedVariables\Talented.lua

Again thanks for the assistance tater and cowboy