Thread: Please uncopule TomTom from the Dailies guide

Default Please uncopule TomTom from the Dailies guide

I already use TomTom. I have to jump through hoops in order to prevent my version of TomTom from being overwritten by the one included in the Guide Viewer installation.

I suggest that TomTom be removed from the Viewer .zip file and provided separately, or better still, a link to the author's site.

Staff Member Orc Male Warlock

This can prevented by a drag and drop unzipping as opposed to a direct extract.
    This way just drag only the Viewer folder and not the TomTom folder so it won't be overwritten.

Jess.

I'm a holdover from the "old school", dating back to even BEFORE there as Microsoft! I tend to use the command prompt to do my installs with a program called "unzip" which does not have the feature you mention.

Then you probably know about the -X switch in unzip

[-x xfile(s)]
    An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``unzip foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would extract all C source files in the main directory, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be extracted.