Thread: Farming in the Searing Gorge

Post Farming in the Searing Gorge

UWG users,
    After finishing the guide in the Searing Gorge, I found many places to farm certain items that have become scarce on the AH. First off, you have the road south of Stonewrought Pass on the hill with the outhouse where the Dark Iron Dwarves are. They have a surprising drop rate of Aquamarine (A jewel) which is bound to get you a quick 10 gold. Second, you have the Slag Pit. There are many things to farm in this area, for example, Mageweave Cloth (Now scarce in the AH). There are also Incendosaurs in the lower cave area and their scales are very valuable. You do not need to skin them to get the scales, they are in the regular loot window. Many Tailoring Patterns are found off of the Dwarves there, along with the occasional Crystals and Ores off of the slaves that defend the Dwarves.
    After that, you have BlackChar Cave. The spiders have Silk that sells for quite alot now. As you farm the Silk, look out for Dripping Spider Mandible. You can sell these for a few extra silver at a vendor. You might find a few elementals on your way, which can get you a lot of gold if you happen to find Elemental Fire, or a Core of Elements.
    FireWatch Ridge can get you some Mageweave and a few Tailoring recipes along with some nice rare weapons.
    I hope these tips will make you a lot of gold like it did for me. I went from 200 gold to 285 when I sold all of these valuable materials.

This sounds like a realy crappy gold farming tactic compared to if you farm items in Northrend. Anything under 500g pr hour is a waste of time as it can easily be achieved.

Junior Member Undead Male Priest

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeer View Post
    This sounds like a realy crappy gold farming tactic compared to if you farm items in Northrend. Anything under 500g pr hour is a waste of time as it can easily be achieved.
    Even so dont you think it was nice of him to take time out to make this brief guide for the people not at Northrend levels? I sure do, thanks robsbandits

skydeath

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeer View Post
    Okay, criticism is fair, if done more politely, but how about some USABLE information, like the details of your farming exploits in NR? Offer some constructive information besides bitching.

Yeah sorry, didn't want to be rude. Like you see in another thread below I wrote some about BS and mining that gives you 2-5k with some other alts and profession.

The farming and grinding in searing gorge is pretty nice... I remember coming out of there with a lot of salable stuff. good on ya for putting all that info out there

Once I hit lvl 55, Im going to make a bank alt, send them 10 gold for the AH deposits, and see how much I make off of JUST the mageweave, and see how valuable it is. Im lvl 54 right now :P