Thread: Reset Auction Data ????

Junior Member Human Male Paladin

Default Reset Auction Data ????

Hi there

I just brought the Gold Making guide today (to get me into the loyalty programme having spent enough cash hopefully ) and so far I'm really happy with it.

However, having just finished watching module 2, it looks like my auctioneer and auctionator data etc is so old, it's giving me some very strange results when i do the resale search.

Does anyone know how I can reset all my auction data back to the beginning so I can start using the guide with fresh data. I know this means i might not be able to do any serious AH stuff for a week or two until I get some up to date data, but I think this might be better then buying stuff i think is a good deal and turns out to be rubbish.

I've tried uninstalling them and then installing them again but it seems to have kept the same old data.

Anyway can you let me know if any of you know how to delete off all the old data please.

Thanks

Senior Member Gnome Male Mage

Doing this will undo your settings, so make a note of them before you do this. Exit WoW.

Go to the following directory in your WoW install:

WTF/Account/Account Name/SavedVariables

Delete all the Auctioneer-related files. That is, all the files that start "auc-"

Start WoW, and it should generate new versions of all these files.

Junior Member Human Male Paladin

Brilliant, ty for the advice. I figured they're had to be some way of doing it. As to the settings, i'll just rewatch Dugi's videos and get it all set up again

Super Moderator Worgen Male Warlock

Detailed instructions on how to delete savedvariables

http://www.ultimatewowguide.com/foru...SavedVariables
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Paladin, 90 Warrior, 90 Druid, 90 Hunter, 90 DK, 90 Mage, 85 Priest, 59 Rogue - Dugi Guides

If you have Curse Client, select Tools menu and "Addon Settings Cleaner". Click the column "Related Addons" to sort by addon name. Find Auctioneer and delete all those settings.

In-game you can type "/auc cleardata ALL" (without quotes) to reset all data for all servers and factions. Make sure "cleardata" is lowercase and "ALL" is uppercase because it does matter

You should probably reset data with all major patches. I recommend you do it again when Mists of Pandaria is released.