Thread: Why do I have to purchase the MoP update?

Junior Member Human Male Priest

Angry Why do I have to purchase the MoP update?

In the recent email you just sent out you said "A Pre-Order Special for old members upgrading will also be available on Sep 17th - Sep 24th".

When I purchased this guide back in September of 2010 one of the features promised was free updates for the life of the guide. Why then do I have to purchase an update? Was I lied to? That was one of the reasons I went with Dugi's guide and not another leveling addon. I am going to be very disappointed in this company if in fact you told me one thing just to get me to buy the product and then the complete opposite when it comes down to it.

Senior Member Human Male Paladin

dtro91

I am not a member of the staff, but a long time satisfied user of the guides. What has been done in the past and is what is being done here, is that the lifetime updates are for the guides you have purchased i.e. through Cataclysm. The guides for MOP are additional for those of us who purchased them before the time period that they are granting the grace period for.

I know that I thought the same thing at one point, but as has been explained several times before, it takes man-hours to create the new guides for the expansions, and as any business should expect, they should get return on the investment of time put into the product. I know that I will be purchasing the updates as I have done for Cata, and several of the additional guides released since I purchased the original.

Now there is a class of users,- Old customers who inherited our lifetime update promise (purchases before Nov 2008) will receive this update for free, as noted in the link that will receive the update free. I wish I was in that class, but I purchased it 7 months to late, so alas I will be sending Dugi more money.

edit to correct a mispelling

Senior Member Gnome Male Mage

Frankly, these guides have to be a ton of work, and $45 to update everything for an entire expansion is not that much in the scheme of things. I will be cheerfully buying and am happy to support a superior product.

I totally agree, I DO NOT have any problem supporting this team here.
    Dugi and staff have done an outstanding job.

Administrator Orc Male Shaman

Thanks everybody for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by dtro91 View Post
    In the recent email you just sent out you said "A Pre-Order Special for old members upgrading will also be available on Sep 17th - Sep 24th".

When I purchased this guide back in September of 2010 one of the features promised was free updates for the life of the guide. Why then do I have to purchase an update? Was I lied to? That was one of the reasons I went with Dugi's guide and not another leveling addon. I am going to be very disappointed in this company if in fact you told me one thing just to get me to buy the product and then the complete opposite when it comes down to it.
    We stopped offering the lifetimes updates after TBC was released in Nov 2008 and we have been very careful with our choice of wording with our sales page and marketing ever since. In fact the word update doesn't even exist on our sales page so I don't how you are misled. Officially we don't offer any updates at all but there are a lot of free updates that we do which is complimentary.

Your support will allow us to continously develop the addon itself which we don't charge, like the taxi system feature that we recently released took us several months to complete and there will be more improvements to come.

Agreed, the MOP guide is not any update, its a different guide, so I expected to pay for it.

But I didn't see any email offering a Pre-order special, I have been a member since 2009.

Maybe it missed me somehow.