Thread: Create a toggle for collection quests

Default Create a toggle for collection quests

Request: Provide a toggle to skip gather quests.

In the multiboxing community gather quests are a big pain. If you’re boxing 5 characters at a time instead of 10 items now you need to collect 50. Conversely, on the other quests if one character completes the quest, they all get credit at once. Needless to say, you would earn the love of the multiboxing community, and some subscriptions, if you could provide a toggle to ignore gather quests. Special consideration might go to gather quests that are part of a chain, but all in all, multiboxers hate gather quests.

While multiboxing you often have it set up to auto accept quests, so if you toggle gather quests off, could you simply purge them from the log after the dialog closes?

Thanks!

Senior Member Gnome Male Mage

This would be great! I'm thinking of dipping my toe into multiboxing and an automatic way to skip over these would be sweet. Unless they're already flagged, though, I expect this would be a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    This would be great! I'm thinking of dipping my toe into multiboxing and an automatic way to skip over these would be sweet. Unless they're already flagged, though, I expect this would be a lot of work.
    If you do start multiboxing, use ISBoxer. It's easy to set up but incredibly powerful. Very dedicated support as well.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

it would be hard to skip gathering quests in 1-60 zones and 80-85 Cataclysm because it would ruin a lot of chains. But for level 60-80 and level 85-90 zones its kind of possible.

And there isn't any easy way for the addon to automatically identify "gathering" type quest, we would have to tag them in our guide manually and that would take quite a bit of time. Its not something that we want to do unless there is a high demand for it.

Junior Member Worgen Male DeathKnight

Well as gpierce1 say, it will become extremely useful for multiboxer if we had that options, gather quest sucks so damm hard, it can be a real pain when you have to collect 50 wood on each toon, or 12 rare drops from a mob that only can be looted 1 time. I love the Dugi Guide, it has made WoW life allot easier and fun to lvl toons up, that also why I have changes to multiboxing, for trying something new, while having fun.....but Gather quest is a lesson in patience. and I will for sure, pay for a multiboxer guide, and I'm very sure that I'm not the only one either