Thread: Installer Error

Hybrid View

Default Installer Error

Hey there,

I recently purchased a new computer and as such needed to download the Installer and reinstall Dugi's Guide to the computer so that I can enjoy utilizing it while playing WoW. Unfortunately, I ran into a bit of a snag with the installer.

I have downloaded the 1.07 Version of the installer and when I attempt to run it, I get the following error screen popping up:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    at wow.guide.installer.utility.storeImageHashes(utili ty.java:641)
    at wow.guide.installer.utility.doBanners(utility.java :544)
    at wow.guide.installer.utility.<init>(utility.java:11 4)
    at wow.guide.gui.gui.initialize(gui.java:146)
    at wow.guide.gui.gui.<init>(gui.java:111)
    at wow.guide.gui.gui.main(gui.java:105)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I have made sure that I have the latest version of Java installed on my computer, but it has offered up no differences. I will be attempting to download another copy to determine if the first copy that I downloaded was somehow corrupt.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

It seems to run fine, what OS are you using?

Try uninstalling all java from your computer and reinstall Java 6 Update 31 from http://www.java.com

I had this error today. It's not a problem with the java, as I installed the latest version, and was still unable to launch the loader. The issue happens when your website goes down. When this happens, Java cannot speak to your server and cannot launch the loader. It also means we can't use the guides we've already purchased and installed for some reason. The in-game dugi button will only change between silver and bronze and not give the gold (reload UI) option.
    Are the guides we use stored and accessed on the same server as the website? Is it at all possible to store the guides etc. on a seperate more stable server, so we can continue to use the guides when your website server is ofline?

Super Moderator Worgen Male Warlock

Just to be clear. You can always use the guides, even if, on a rare occasion, the site is down. They are stored locally in your wow addons folder and will launch within the game and be fully functional.
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Paladin, 90 Warrior, 90 Druid, 90 Hunter, 90 DK, 90 Priest, 90 Rogue, -- Mage - Dugi Guides