Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Camel tracking route possible?

Senior Member Tauren Male Paladin

Default Camel tracking route possible?

I was wondering if, given how you've set Dugi's Guide up to track herbs and ores, if you might consider adding in something that you could use to make a route to search for the Mysterious Camel Figurine, which could grant a mount. The data on known locations for the figurine could be found at http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50409#.
    (I've tried using an addon like Routes for it, but I must admit that I suck at it, and I don't have the coordination for it.) Something for the next update?

Senior Member Gnome Male Mage

This would be handy indeed.

Administrator Human Male Priest

To speed things up if you can provide me with the coordinate route eg (xx, xx)(xx, xx) in the order that you would like I will make a custom guide for you.

I sent you the file (along with a screenshot of the error I had been experiencing when trying to dismiss my pet). Did you get them?

yup sorry for the delay, update to 5.1521

and place this file attached Custom1.lua into DugisGuideViewerZ\CustomGuide\ folder

and you will find the custom guide in the Event tab.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay, Dugi, I'm happy to report that the SECOND Custom1.LUA file does work as far as the waypoint arrow goes.

However, I'm finding that the data itself will need to be sorted. It seems that when two waypoints are too close together, they can go off simultaneously. As a result, the waypoint arrow won't properly move on to the next one on the list. I'll have to get back to you as to which ones are troublesome in that manner.

Senior Member Gnome Male Mage

I'm missing something....I put that file in the CustomGuide file, but all it does is have a single entry with a magnifying glass and no waypoints.

Try this one, the waypoints are there but you won't see it in tooltip unless you enable coordinates display.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay, I was mistaken in that, when I went to the first set of co-ordinates - 50.6, 31.6 - I get a little ding when I reach those co-ords. However, the guide does not move on to the next set of co-ordinates to continue the route. I can't remove the checkpoint, because that just cancels the entire route. There is no way of telling it to skip to the next co-ordinate combination. I can't even just head there myself because the only one that the waypoint arrow will recognize is the first one given for the route.
    Suggestions?

I figured out what the problem was. The issue I've been having with the Camel Figurine route is that, in order to have a complete route, the first stop on the route is the same as the last stop. However, with how the addon's programming works, I believe that it is seeing both stops (the first and the last) as stops to be detected at the same time. Unfortunately, this ends up ending the route completely.

See, I've noticed that, when you're doing a route through Dugi's guide, and you fly over a node way-point that was meant to be later on in the route, the route resets itself from the new way-point and continues on from there, as if all the intervening stops had been checked.

In this case, however, the result is that, since the first and last way-points are the same, the guide thinks that the entire route has already been done, such that there is no next way-point to go to.

In any event, I did a temporary workaround by simply going to where I knew the SECOND way-point was, and I continued on from that point. In doing so, I was able to successfully follow the entire camel figurine spot route, right back to the beginning point in Ramkahen. So, other than the slight programming glitch with the repeating co-ordinates, the guide works satisfactorily.