Thread: Horde guide overhaul...

Default Horde guide overhaul...

I have been leveling with the Horde guide, great guide but it needs a run through to correct a few things. It is telling me to get flight paths when I already have them(guess they now just give them to you without having to speak to the flight master first) and telling me to run to other places when I could just fly due to this same reason.

Also I have had issue with the arrow not updating when I reach waypoints, though after switching to TomTom I have no longer had that issue. Also some steps don't have or don't detect when they are complete, which I don't know why, I have used another guide before and that one detects these things, not a huge deal but the guide could use a quick check over.

Also when a quest gets auto accepted for some reason the quest window goes blank and does not allow me to read it most of the time. Please fix this.

Thanks for the wonderful work and great guide, love it, and I am a believer!
    Last edited by vem0m; 10-07-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Administrator Human Male Priest

Quote Originally Posted by vem0m View Post
    I have been leveling with the Horde guide, great guide but it needs a run through to correct a few things. It is telling me to get flight paths when I already have them(guess they now just give them to you without having to speak to the flight master first) and telling me to run to other places when I could just fly due to this same reason.
    The flight path is a tricky issue, if you already have a level 85 you get the flight paths automatically as you level up. But for new player accounts you still need to get the flight paths, the guide have to cater for new players. We still need to find a solution for this.

Also I have had issue with the arrow not updating when I reach waypoints, though after switching to TomTom I have no longer had that issue. Also some steps don't have or don't detect when they are complete, which I don't know why, I have used another guide before and that one detects these things, not a huge deal but the guide could use a quick check over.
    If you can give us an example of the step or guide you used we can look at it, it takes a long time to go through the entire horde guide.

Also when a quest gets auto accepted for some reason the quest window goes blank and does not allow me to read it most of the time. Please fix this.
    this could be a conflict with another addon, can you upload screenshot. And try to disable all your addons except for DugiGuides to see if the problem persists.

The path issue aside the others are more troublesome.

One step that does not auto complete is one in North Barrens where you gotta kill raptors and place a feather on a nest, it does not move on when you place the feather. After moving to TomTom waypoints have been fine, so I couldn't tell you which are causing them to not update.

The quest window is blank with the (x) to close the window and the Accept button only, does not do it on turn in but only on going to accept one, easy to see this issue at play in the starting area where they all auto accept, it happens quite frequently there and than more when you get a turn in while out quest from one of the popups. My friend has the same issue on the trial guide hes using, and uses different addons. I wouldn't know where to locate the issue.