Thread: installer vir 1.0.6 won't install

Default installer vir 1.0.6 won't install

hi Dugi.....when I try to install subject, it starts to download and then I get a message "Dugi's gudies 1.0.6 is not commomedly downloaded and could harm your computer" I then click the option "run away", but nothing happens and it doesn't replace v 1.0.5 and install as it should. I'm running win 7..please advise and thank you, wywy

Senior Member NightElf Male Warrior

Are you using a shortcut to run the installer? When you download the 1.0.6 it does not save over it unless you tell it to. I have the 1.0.5 & 1.0.6 but put a short cut on my desktop for the 1.0.6.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

You will need to manually delete DugiGuides_1.0.5.exe and download and run DugiGuides_1.0.6.exe instead. Make sure you close all instance of Dugi Guides Installer before you can run it.

It should run as normal, very little was changed to address an issue with Mac 10.7 Lion

Thank u Dugi and lilcowboy, but I know very little about computers. My wow path is the recommended installation path, and I asume that somewhere in that path is vir 1.0.5, but I can't find it, so therefore I can't uninstall it. Would u please give me step by step instructions. Thank you, and yes lilcowboy, I do have 1,0.5 shorcut on my desktop....................wywy

Senior Member NightElf Male Warrior

I just have my DugiGuides_1.0.6.exe file in my documents folder. No where near the game file. I stopped using theDugiGuides_1.0.5.exe file and now use the DugiGuides_1.0.6.exe file. You can even save the DugiGuides_1.0.6.exe fie on your desktop and run it from there. The installer will/should place all the AddOn & Guide files on your WoW folder where it needs to be. Now just so you understand the DugiGuides_1.0.6.exe is ONLY the installer. The AddOn and Guides are in the Interface/AddOn folder in your WoW game folder.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

Don't worry about DugiGuides_1.0.5.exe or you can use Windows search to look for DugiGuides_1.0.5.exe and you can safely delete the file.
    1. Delete DugiGuides_1.0.5.exe shortcut
    2. Right click this link http://ultimatewowguide.com/installe...ides_1.0.6.exe
    3. Select save as
    4. Select your Desktop folder and select save
    5. Double click DugiGuides_1.0.6.exe on your desktop and allow it to run.
    6. Click update or reinstall the guide as normal.

Thank u Dugi staff and thank u lilcowby. I followed your 6 step directions and it installed perfectly. Sorry I'm such a dummy with computers.,,,,,,thanks again, wywy