Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Events Guide Missing

I would like to have a guide to the actual event you really shouldn't have your personal values reflect what blizzard puts out. Basically you are cutting out your paying customers who did pay to have an events guide for all the events who actually want to participate in event but have to find another way to do it.

Administrator Human Male Priest

I think you have misinterpreted the announcement, it was nothing to do with personal value...

What I meant is because the event is simple.. and you are better of reading the online guide (link above) on how to complete the achievement so that you get a broader picture of what to do in the event rather than suggesting you to complete a step by step guide which will probably slow you down.

I can only speak for myself on this, but personally even if your website DOES have more information/is better. The point of the matter is if I pay for something to be available within an interface but then I get told "What I meant is because the event is simple.. and you are better of reading the online guide" after removing the existing guide, that does not make me a happy customer. That's basically saying i'm removing your option because I think it's better this way. Personally I don't care about saving some memory as I have enough where it's just not a problem. And while I don't care about the current event, that does not mean I don't want to read what's in the guide about it.

Dimiana

Ok..

So what's the fuss all about?
    You actually need a guide to find someone wearing an Elegant Dress?
    You actually need a guide to find Brightly Colored Eggs?
    You actually need a guide to lay an egg (!) in the Golakka Hot Springs of Un'goro Crater while polymorphed into a Noblegarden Bunny in which the easy way is to have another player travel with you and use a Blossoming Branch to change you into a rabbit. Simply stand around long enough and eventually your rabbit will lay an egg - voila, achievement done?

Would you like a guide to help you go to the washroom?

Default Missing Events guide

Hey guys,

Anyone else missing their entire events guide? I have repaired and everything and it is just not there. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not concerned about the Noblegarten event.. I'm concerned about the entire events guide missing. Thanks for the feedback so far, though

Quote Originally Posted by Dimiana View Post
    Ok..

So what's the fuss all about?
    You actually need a guide to find someone wearing an Elegant Dress?
    You actually need a guide to find Brightly Colored Eggs?
    You actually need a guide to lay an egg (!) in the Golakka Hot Springs of Un'goro Crater while polymorphed into a Noblegarden Bunny in which the easy way is to have another player travel with you and use a Blossoming Branch to change you into a rabbit. Simply stand around long enough and eventually your rabbit will lay an egg - voila, achievement done?

Would you like a guide to help you go to the washroom?
    Yes, I would like a guide to find the washroom....and while we're at it maybe we can get a guide for you to not be a *edit by Dugi: no name calling, this is your first and final warning* because you disagree with someone elses opinion. My point was only that removing something that was paid for because someone else thinks that their preference is the preference of all is quiet frankly stupid and short sighted. Yes the information is on the website, but if it is supposed to be available in the game and is removed because it's on a website, I would and do think that is a ripoff. If I wanted to just look at a website there are others out there that I would look at before this one.

I am not saying this is a bad product, I am not saying that it is poorly designed, but if I pay for something I want it to be available to me, let ME decide if I want to use it or not, don't remove it and claim that it is for my benefit, and by the way, just look at the site.

@fifogigo

We removed the events guides and because we were repeatedly providing support to confused customers who tried to use the event guides.

Eg a user trying to use the Winter Veil guide in April contact us and complain that the event guide doesn't work.

This create frustration to the user and also create additional cost to us to provide support to explain that the event guide is not relevant until the event is set to be live by Blizzard. In this case Winter Veil guide is not relevant until late December.

The events guides are seasonal and subject to change every year, for example the current Children's Week guide is out of date because of the Cataclysm changes and we are not able to update it until the event is live.

The bottom line is that the guides will return as an update for each event.

Would it really make you feel better for us to leave the guides in the game for you just so you know that the guides are there?

even thou they are out of date and you can't even use them until the event is live.

@fifogigo

Noblegarden guide have always been an online guide only, an in-game guide for it does not exist.

No, I don't really want anything.