Thread: Soloing the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj

Senior Member Tauren Male Warrior

Default Soloing the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj

How do I get into the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj by myself?

I am trying to go back to complete the Classic Dungeonmaster achievement. I've been able to do most of the classic dungeons solo, but the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj requires that I be in a raid group.

How can I get around the raid group requirement in order to run this instance solo? I've read that others have done this, but nobody says how to get in.

Best,

Join a group with a buddy and convert it to a raid and then you can enter the instance. I did it a few times for ZG before it was put to death

Your buddy doesn't have to go in with you.

Okay, I tried that this evening. I couldn't get into Upper Blackrock Spire without being in a raid group. So I gave up and tried Blackrock Depths instead.

Just as I was going in I met a player on his way out (what luck!). I asked him to group with me and he did.

So, as ina group, I flew up outa the Depths to the top of Blackrock Mountain and tried to enter the Upper Blackrock Spire instance. I still got the notice that I must be in a "raid group" to enter the instance.

I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by fordahord; 12-30-2010 at 03:05 AM. Reason: further experience

Quote Originally Posted by tmacmill View Post
    Join a group with a buddy and convert it to a raid and then you can enter the instance.
    "and convert it to a raid"

Okay, I didn't do that. Maybe that's why it didn't work.

So, next question: How do I convert a "group" to a "raid"?

Sorry for all my simple questions. I find there is a nearly total lack of information available on Wowiki or Wowhead or Google on such basic things.

Best,

Quote Originally Posted by fordahord View Post
    "and convert it to a raid"

Okay, I didn't do that. Maybe that's why it didn't work.

So, next question: How do I convert a "group" to a "raid"?

Sorry for all my simple questions. I find there is a nearly total lack of information available on Wowiki or Wowhead or Google on such basic things.

Best,
    There should be an option when you go to your group options to convert to raid, i forgot exactly and im not at my computer right now im at work lol, anyway check on the tabs when you open options for grouping, look under a raid tab and it should give you a button saying convert to raid

Default Problem solved!

Okay, I figured out the problem (other than that I'm an idiot...).

On my first try the group didn't work because the other guy invited me. This time I invited someone. That made me the group leader; thus I was able to access the raid controls.

So I did Upper Blackrock Spire, got my "Jenkins", and went on to play for a bit in the Molten Core.

Life is good. Thanks all.

Dag! Now twice today I've gotten the message "You have left the raid group".

I'm not very good at this...