Thread: Professions

Default Professions

Happy Holidays everyone-
    I am convinced that it is a waste of time to do anything except for level gathering professions - It is cool to be an engineer or a blacksmith at the upper levels and some gold can be made by doing things for others but the gold you need to play the game is much easier obtained gathering and selling on the AH- 10 g for a stack of light leather- and its higher depending on supply and demand

Senior Member Gnome Male Mage

That's probably true for your first character. However, it's much easier to level alts in their professions if you have a main feeding them the necessary materials and occasional cash. I'm making good cash with jewelcrafting even at lower levels, ditto with tailoring. Alchemy you have to be pretty high level to make potions etc. that are in demand. I haven't tried blacksmithing but I understand that has some of the same problems. Engineering isn't about raising cash since only engineers can use most of their stuff, it's about improving your character.

Senior Member Human Male DeathKnight

Post so then.....

Quote Originally Posted by bradmdav View Post
    Happy Holidays everyone-
    I am convinced that it is a waste of time to do anything except for level gathering professions - It is cool to be an engineer or a blacksmith at the upper levels and some gold can be made by doing things for others but the gold you need to play the game is much easier obtained gathering and selling on the AH- 10 g for a stack of light leather- and its higher depending on supply and demand
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

So if U only do that, R U going to buy all the other goodies that don't drop from mobs from the AH or trade for them with other chars?

That would work since U R making gold from gathering.

The only thing is that you will miss what I consider "the full WoW experience". No big deal if U like doing it with gathering profs.
    Last edited by grezeau; 12-28-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: content

Smile

I have set up My Characters to supply each other with items needed

how is the best money made from jewel crafting? Thats one i havent tried- I was making some money with inscription when glyphs first came out