Thread: How to get to Mount Hyjal

Senior Member Tauren Male Warrior

Default How to get to Mount Hyjal

Okay, so I'm a dummy. I can't find instructions anywhere on how to get to Mount Hyjal.

Yeah, I know: follow the guide. I did. I got there just fine, and quested much of the day (the Guide is great!).

But then I hearthed back to Ogrimmar to put stuff in the bank. Now I have no way to get back to Mount Hyjal.

I suppoese it has something to do with that earthen ring that Dugi showed in the video, but I have no idea what.

Please help, my questing has come to an abrupt halt.

Best,

Super Moderator Draenei Male Shaman

Well, you secured a portal from orgrimmar to go to Mount Hyjal? No? You can always fly back to Mount Hyjal if you learned the flight path there. No? You can always run to Moonglade
    You have not been Truly successful until you have failed. - Chef Gordon Ramsay

Quote Originally Posted by soleina View Post
    Well, you secured a portal from orgrimmar to go to Mount Hyjal? No?
    No. Where and how would I do that? That seems the best way.

You can always fly back to Mount Hyjal if you learned the flight path there. No?
    No. I didn't pick up the flight path until just now. I just flew there on my own mount...

You can always run to Moonglade
    I did that. Moonglade doesn't help. Neither the trainer nor the dragon would talk to me.

I guess some folks have been playing the Beta version for a while and take this stuff for granted. However, I don't find this information in the guide, nor on Googel, or Wiki, or Wowhead. That's why I came here to ask...

Thanks,

I mucked this up on my alliance toon because although the quest guide said to grab a portal from stormwind, the guide had already ticked that step so I flew all the way to moonglade only to find I couldn't hand in the quest.

I just assumed there was a portal in Orgrimmar.. there is one in Stormwind in the Stormwind Keep..

But yea, always keep an eye open for flightpaths.. if all else fails, just fly on your own mount.. I don't know what the horde guide looks like, so I couldn't tell you what to do or where to go.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by fordahord View Post

I guess some folks have been playing the Beta version for a while and take this stuff for granted. However, I don't find this information in the guide, nor on Googel, or Wiki, or Wowhead. That's why I came here to ask...

Thanks,
    What exactly did you mean by that? Take what for granted? just curious.

What exactly did you mean by that? Take what for granted? just curious.
    I'm glad you asked. I rethought this after I posted it; it may have come across as a bit harsh. That was not my intent and I apologize if anyone were offended.

But I really did mean "take for granted". When I was in the army, I had a great deal of training on weapons, and equipment, and personnel, and maneuvers, and such. However, it wasn't until I finally got out into the field on a real assignment that it ever occurred to me: "Where do I go to the bathroom?", and "Where do I go to bed?", and "What will I have for lunch?" These are the sort of things that someone who has been there and done that many times doesn't even think about.

I was simply looking for someone to tell me where the port in Ogrimmar is and how do I get it to work. Yet those who have done it again and again may not consider how difficult that may be for those of us who haven't done it before.

There is a great deal of information about WoW available through Google, Zam, WoWhead, Thottbot, and such. But it is often very difficult to sort through all the abundance of information in order to find simple answers to basic questions.

Best,

Aye, and that is why we make it as easy as possible for you here. Like I said, I haven't done the Horde guide. Dugi is the Horde Guru, and I"m the Alliance Guru. I went through 24 characters in beta while working the guide and get it ready for you guys lol.

So if there IS a portal in Orgrimmar, then Dugi would know about it.. In Stormwind, there's an Earthen Ring Druid to whom you talk to "to secure a portal to moonglade" then you talk to the dragon there for a ride into Mount Hyjal.

But after revisiting, the only way in or out, is by flying yourself, or flight path.

But after revisiting, the only way in or out, is by flying yourself, or flight path.
    Yup, that was my conclusion, too. Thanks.