Thread: Ach / Prof guide needs a Cataclysm refresh?

Default Ach / Prof guide needs a Cataclysm refresh?

Just bought this guide yesterday and am working up cooking on my L70 Elf. There's a recommended recipe that comes from an NPC in Felwood, just north of Whispering Grove. With Cataclysm, this NPC is gone. In general, will the guide be updated to accoun for these changes?

One other question: Does the in-game guide make recommendations for which mobs to kill in order to acquire the ingredients for the recipes to work through a given skill range?

Thanks for the help.

Super Moderator Tauren Male Paladin

Thanks for reporting this. Looks like we missed a few recipes when we updated for cataclysm. I'll work on getting it corrected.

One other question: Does the in-game guide make recommendations for which mobs to kill in order to acquire the ingredients for the recipes to work through a given skill range?
    Currently, our guides do not have farming areas in them, though it is something we are looking into adding in the future.

Edit:
    With the changes in Tanaris and Felwood, some of the NPC's that sell recipes listed in the cooking and cooking/fishing guide are gone, as well as the recipes they were selling. I think this was an oversight on Blizzards part, so hopefully they will reappear when Cataclysm goes love.
    Last edited by biggfootdad; 11-30-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." -Stephen Hawking
    -90 Troll Shaman, 90 Tauren Druid, 90 Orc Warrior, 90 BE Mage

Senior Member Tauren Male Paladin

It looks like there is only one way to level Horde cooking after 225...

225-250 Monster Omelet (Recipe bought in Everlook, Winterspring)
    250-275 Clamette Surprise (Recipe obtained by performing quest in Gadgetzan,
    Tanaris)
    275-285 Either continue with Clamette until 285 or use fish recipes bought in
    Feralas
    285-300 Desert Dumplings (Recipe from two part quest in Silithus)

Once you're in Outland, you can continue with the guide as before