Thread: Custom Tom-Tom a Pain

Default Custom Tom-Tom a Pain

Well this is all well and good Dugi having his own version of Tom-Tom, my problem is, I have just changed one continuous LUA error from the guide, for another, as I use the add-on Routes, for my gathering professions, it works fine with regular Tom-Tom but gives me a stream of errors with Dugi's version of Tom-Tom.

I am sure I am not the only user that uses other Add-ons that require Tom-Tom that have issues with Dugi's version. Please can you make your guide work with the legitimate version of Tom-Tom, or make your own waypoint arrow add-on that will work for the guides while Tom-Tom is installed for other add-ons.

Another question, if it's the Ant Trails that is causing the problem and needs the modified Tom-Tom as the LUA error would suggest. How about giving an option in the settings screen to disable them. The feature that annoyed me most in QuestHelper was the whole Ant Trails. I used to have them disabled, unfortunately this guide doesn't seem to offer that option.

*Edit* Scratch that, there was a problem with Routes itself and the data it gets from GatherMate2. Only the error never showed before because the Guide error was stopping it from being displayed. Once the guide problem was fixed the Routes error started showing up. I followed the workaround for Routes on the Curse website and now it works fine with Dugi's custom Tom-Tom without errors. Though I still would like to see an option to disable those annoying Ant Trails in a future version of the guide.
    Last edited by knighteternal; 11-26-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Administrator Orc Male Shaman

We are updating our addon to work with the original TomTom.. , the author updated the addon very late.. (yesterday) to the new map library so we had no choice and modified it ourselves.

We will also our own built in waypoint arrow soon, so we won't need TomTom any more and it will still be compatible with TomTom & Carbonite if you still prefer them.

Well thats all awesome to hear, any chance that a future version of the guide will allow us to squash those pesky ants?

Administrator Orc Male Shaman

Its in the 'to do' list we'll get there..