Thread: Expansions on sale now .get 'em while you can

Senior Member Human Male Mage

Default Expansions on sale now .get 'em while you can

I had been considering buying Burning Crusade from Ebay but I kept putting it off ... over and over.

Glad I did.

Now Blizzard is selling Burning Crusade for $5 and WOTLK for $10!!!!

Cheaper than used games on Ebay and you get 'em direct from Blizzard so you know they are virus free and work.

Bought Burning Crusade this afternoon and just went to Outland. Tomorrow I will buy WOTLK. Takes a couple of hours to download BC on a cable connection .. it was 12 GB.
    I believe you can order on disks also.

But if you don't have these expansions you can't use Cataclysm and at these prices now is the time to get 'em.

Once Cata comes out the price may go back up.

Thanks for the information. Yes i will confirm that BC is $5 and WOTLK is $10. You guys should get them while they're cheap if you dont have them already. i don't know however if disc cost more. I'd digital download them anyways.

You shouldn't need to have to download anything, as all the content should already be installed with 4.x (according to blizzard). It should just be a matter of activating the expansions in accont management with your CD key. Strange that you had to download stuff.

Senior Member Human Male Mage

Yep, you have to download what seems like an entire game, not just an expansion. BC was about 12 GB. Don't know yet how big WOTLK is. Not sue if I want to download it today or wait until tomorrow. Have to go to granma's house for turkey day so I have to leave the download unattended. Think I may wait. But I will grab it either when we get home and let it download overnight or first thing in the morning.

Oh it may be that I had to download it because I never had disks for WOW. I started with a downloaded trial version 3 years ago, played for a year then quit for 2 and resumed this year.

Since I never installed from disks it may be that only what was needed was installed via download ... someone with disks may be able to unlock them, dunno.