Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big news!!!

Senior Member Human Male Mage

You're right, I've ignored the elementals when they showed up. I helped kill a couple and didn't see any reward for the fight. But you could get killed. Maybe you get honor points or something but I've never paid attention to that either because I don't do battlegrounds.

See what a grumpy old man I am

Bah Humbug ..... oh wait that's for Christmas.

Maybe I should start a new main toon and call him Scrooge

5tryk3r

every three hours on my server (uldaman) 2,5,8, and 11 am and pm

Yeah.. I always check mmo-champion.com before loggin in.. There you always get the news.. That you are talking about is fase 4 and it startet yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by arizonawillie View Post
    You're right, I've ignored the elementals when they showed up. I helped kill a couple and didn't see any reward for the fight. But you could get killed. Maybe you get honor points or something but I've never paid attention to that either because I don't do battlegrounds.

See what a grumpy old man I am

Bah Humbug ..... oh wait that's for Christmas.

Maybe I should start a new main toon and call him Scrooge
    yes you can get killed, which is why it is recommended anyone below level 78 or so leave the city. The Elementals do not give you any kind of reward; however, when they are all killed, yo can queue for 4 special bosses in the LFD tool. These bosses give JP & ilevel 251 gear. But all the elemetals have to be killed within 1 hour of the event starting, or you can't enter the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaulan View Post
    Sorry to say but you haven't been paying attention These events have been clearly communicated by Blizzard and have been building up for a couple of weeks. It is all part of the great Cataclysm event. This last phase (#4) has the major cities been invaded every 2 hours by many elementals. There are NPCs all around that you can get further information. If the city is successfully defended a new portal opens that allows players access to a boss to fight. The boss drops iLvl 251 gear.
    Paying attention to where? Do we all have to troll the wow forums to find out whats happening? Would it be so difficult for blizz to actually release info with their patch notes rather than forcing people to go to the forums?

Hell a good 80% of the game you are forced to use the internet in some degree to find out what's happening or what you have to do

Quote Originally Posted by schmedes2 View Post
    Paying attention to where? Do we all have to troll the wow forums to find out whats happening? Would it be so difficult for blizz to actually release info with their patch notes rather than forcing people to go to the forums?

Hell a good 80% of the game you are forced to use the internet in some degree to find out what's happening or what you have to do
    Have you ever heard of WoW Insider?
    Also, the whole point of a game, is for you to figure it out. Why should Blizz (or anyone) spoon feed you everything that is going to happen, and how to "get around it"?

You are not forced to use the Internet (other then to actually play the game) to find out what is happening. It's more like solving a puzzle. If you pay attention to the NPCs, the barkers, the quests that pop up, you would know what is going on and what needs to be done. Now I can understand timing can be an issue here, but since it happens over and over, chances are you would be able to see all of this at some point.

Also, this is info is on the Official WoW Website, the Official WoW Forums, WoW Insider, MMO Champion, and hundreds of other WoW/MMO related websites. I think there is even a blog post about it here on Dugi's site.
    Last edited by dragonsys; 11-18-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsys View Post
    Also, the whole point of a game, is for you to figure it out. Why should Blizz (or anyone) spoon feed you everything that is going to happen, and how to "get around it"?

You are not forced to use the Internet (other then to actually play the game) to find out what is happening. It's more like solving a puzzle. If you pay attention to the NPCs, the barkers, the quests that pop up, you would know what is going on and what needs to be done. Now I can understand timing can be an issue here, but since it happens over and over, chances are you would be able to see all of this at some point.

Also, this is info is on the Official WoW Website, the Official WoW Forums, WoW Insider, MMO Champion, and hundreds of other WoW/MMO related websites. I think there is even a blog post about it here on Dugi's site.
    Lol at "spoon fed" to make me feel stupid. I said that you have to search for information when it comes to wow. Casual gamers typically aren't in the know because we have to, as I just said, go somewhere else and look for the info. Most of these in the know websites are also typically websensed, so they're not accessible from work, so instead of getting some wow time in when I'm home, I get to go on the internet and search for information.

Senior Member Human Male DeathKnight

Thumbs up One of my favorite things about WoW is.....

the vast complexity of the game in the sense that there is so much detailed information to learn that is not found in some game manual.

I truly enjoy discovering new things about zones, races, professions, and loot.

The fact that Blizzard can put together such an entertaining, sophisticated MMO experience is somewhat miraculous.

That it works as well as it does is amazing.

If Blizzard documented WoW to the extant that such documentation contained all the info from WoW Insider, Alakhazam, Thottbot, WoWHead, etc., WoW would lose some of its appeal to me.

WoW is very much like real life. If you don't try to keep up with the news in our world you get left behind in a manner of speaking.

Dugi's guides are a great help in the discovery process, and help me as an impatient gamer to get "there" faster. But they don't spoon feed me and that's the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by schmedes2 View Post
    Lol at "spoon fed" to make me feel stupid.
    Not trying to make you feel stupid, I truly apologize if I came across that way.

Senior Member Human Male Mage

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsys View Post

=======================
    As a matter of fact I had never heard of Wow Insider or the other one mentioned MMO-champion or something. I now have links to both of them.

Thanks.

In my opinion Blizzard fails to give enough info. When this new patch went live I signed on right after noon when the servers came up from maintenance. Immediately I was overwhelmed in SW with a raging battle going on around me that I had no idea what in the hell was going on. The only info I saw was in the General chat section it said to get a token and release the prisoners.

Granted, I haven't been paying attention to the elemental thing that has been going on but it didn't impact my questing much until this patch. Suddenly there were no shopkeepers, no flight point, no bank, no AH so questing became impossible pretty much. You couldn't fly out of town but you could walk out or ride out.

And, on here during this discussion it was said the event is for lvl 78 and higher mainly that people below lvl 78 should get out of town.

I think it isn't nice of Blizzard to have an event that adversely impacts lower level players and prevents them from questing so they can level up, especially without providing any information when they start a new event or up the level of that event. The lowbies pay their monthly payment too.

The game seems to be being redesigned mainly for upper level players. All the attention seems to go to Cata and these pre-Cata events and unless you are level 80 Cata isn't going to do a player any good. I understand there will be changes for lower levels as far as the geography and questing is supposed to be faster.

But they should not focus all their attention on lvl 80 players.

And, there are many players who only get to play an hour or so a night if their family stuff permits. They don't have the time to check all these different forums and blogs in order to find out what the hell is going on.

On Blizzards sign on page there should be a link to a page with complete information about events. What it is, what the objective is, etc. etc. etc.

Signed ... Grouchy Old Man