Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm

Senior Member Human Male DeathKnight

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by seanomccool View Post
    You serious? So a manufacturer gives something a lifetime warranty then they turn around and say "actually guys, we realised that's a ****ing stupid idea, sorry, you now have no warranty" and that's ok?

Yeah right. A proper business model would include the fact that IF blizzard releases an expansion then Dugi will be charging again. People have invested hundreds of dollars into this guide and it's all about to be worth nothing. That ends my days of referring dugi's.

Thanks anyway.
    I stand by my remarks. Blizzard charges money for their expansion packs.

Give me one good reason why Dugi should not do the same. It's a business!

Quote Originally Posted by grezeau View Post
    I stand by my remarks. Blizzard charges money for their expansion packs.

Give me one good reason why Dugi should not do the same. It's a business!
    You also pay a monthly subscription to WOW. There's no monthly subscription to UWG. So paying anything extra for UWG comes as a great surprise.

In the end, I purchased a product and am getting asked to pay more money to continue using it for my purposes, and I politely refuse.

Cya

Exclamation

You also pay a monthly subscription to WOW. There's no monthly subscription to UWG. So paying anything extra for UWG comes as a great surprise.
    While you can form any opinion you like, the bottom line is that Dugi earns a living with this addon business and that's how he supports his family.

He is free to chose how he operates his business.

I should mention that I regularly receive emails from other WoW addon businesses that I have purchased from in the past. They want me to buy their latest upgrade to their addon.

Capitalism is the only business model that's been found to work.

I support it and believe in it.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

In the end, I purchased a product and am getting asked to pay more money to continue using it for my purposes, and I politely refuse.

Cya
    Didn't I mentioned that
    1-60 updates are free but other Cataclysm content are not included.

so everything that you paid for will still works.. where is the problem?

You serious? So a manufacturer gives something a lifetime warranty then they turn around and say "actually guys, we realised that's a stupid idea, sorry, you now have no warranty" and that's ok?

Yeah right. A proper business model would include the fact that IF blizzard releases an expansion then Dugi will be charging again. People have invested hundreds of dollars into this guide and it's all about to be worth nothing. That ends my days of referring dugi's.

Thanks anyway.
    huh? That is not what is happening at all. Everyone who has purchased the guide will get the 1-80 updates for free. The only extra Cata stuff which will have to be purchased is the 80-85 content. All guide vendors will be doing this, not just Dugi. And it makes sense as you bought a 1-80 guide not a 1-85 guide. so the additional 5 levels will be a separate guide, and therefore an additional cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugi View Post
    Didn't I mentioned that
    1-60 updates are free but other Cataclysm content are not included.

so everything that you paid for will still works.. where is the problem?
    When did you mention this when I bought the guide? I'm aware that I can continue using the addon as it stands. I'm talking about the 80-85 guide.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

People have invested hundreds of dollars into this guide and it's all about to be worth nothing.
    So how is an updated Cataclysm 1-80 leveling guide worth nothing?

When did you mention this when I bought the guide? I'm aware that I can continue using the addon as it stands. I'm talking about the 80-85 guide.
    I mentioned it in this thread 4th post right above your own post...

when did you purchase level 80-85 ?

Our website clearly state you are purchasing 1-80 leveling guides, again we don't even promise any updates of any kind after Nov 2008. Please explain to me how you are lead to believed that you are going to receive level 80-85 update back in September 2009.

Default Cata guide...when?

Please excuse me if it has been answered elsewhere. If so, could you point me to the answer? When is the Cata Guide going to be available? I hope that it won't be days or weeks after the game release! At that point it will be useless since I will have already leveled to 85.

Post Dugi will likely update you on this...

Quote Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
    Please excuse me if it has been answered elsewhere. If so, could you point me to the answer? When is the Cata Guide going to be available? I hope that it won't be days or weeks after the game release! At that point it will be useless since I will have already leveled to 85.
    First of all, from playing the beta, you will NOT be at level 85 mere days after Dec 7th. I guess if you did not go to bed and started playing Cata as soon as you got home from picking a copy at midnight you might get to 85 in a few days. That would not be my idea of fun though.

Second, in previous posts Dugi has stated that the Cata guide update will be out ASAP after the Blizz release.