Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm

Default Cataclysm

Hey, when cataclysm comes out do we all get the new guide?

it will be on the 7th of December, and i hope all the previous owner of the guide can get the new guide as well.

Senior Member NightElf Male Warrior

The Cataclyam will be available to all old and new guide owners but will have to be purchased. It has been mentioned a few times in the past. The reason it will have to be purchased is because this will be a Totally new guide. I am excited for Dec 7th to get here so I can see all the new changes. YAY!

Administrator Orc Male Shaman

1-60 updates are free but other Cataclysm content are not included.

We offer a 6 month grace period for free updates, if your purchase is older than June 7th 2010 you will need to purchase an update.

Dugi please check your inbox, i've pm u on some issues that need your reply...

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by lilocowboy View Post
    The Cataclyam will be available to all old and new guide owners but will have to be purchased.
    Well they aren't going to make it unavailable to old guide owners are they, lol.

I think it's unfair to charge old guide owners again. It was never mentioned when I first purchased it. I read that the addon purchase would include free updates and yes I knew that meant patches but it never said "not including expansions".

Not impressed at all.
    Last edited by seanomccool; 11-04-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Its difficult, I understand the commercial aspect behind charging for cata guides but as a customer, i started with the ally guide, then got the daily guide and then the horde guide becasue I found I got on with the guide and wanted to support dugi over the couple of years I have been a customer. These guides were all paid for seporatlly so I paid a premium price for them so I do feel a bit miffed to know that I am going to have to buy the guides all over again if I want to get them.

Senior Member Human Male DeathKnight

Exclamation paying for others' labor is a fair and proper exchange

Hey to all you guys who want something for free. No matter what was said, printed, or promised in the past, all that went out the window when Bliz decided to create what is essentially "almost" a whole new and different world from the real estate to the talent system.

That amount of change necessitates that all the third party WoW addon creators have a huge amount of work to get their products up to Cataclysm standards.

It is the norm to pay for work.

You guys that want to whine about "but I have a lifetime subscription" need to get comfortable with the reality. You HAD a lifetime sub. You don't anymore.

I personally have no problem with paying for products that others work hard at creating.

Super Moderator Worgen Male Warlock

This topic has already been debated elsewhere and Dugi has commented on it several times. You're beating a dead horse guys

From the announcement on the blog:

• Cataclysm Updates will be included to customers who purchase from July 24th 2010 onwards or have only owned our guides for less than 6 months prior to Blizzards release of Cataclysm.
    • The updates will include Leveling / Dungeon / Dailies & Events Guide.
    • Cataclysm Dungeon Guide updates will be free to all customers who own it.
    • The first 500 customers who bought our Dungeon Leveling Guide during our opening special will receive all updates for Cataclysm for free, (Dailies & Events guides will be included).
    • Cataclysm updates to all Bonus Guides will be free to all customers who own it.
    • Customers who have purchased our guide before November 2008 would have inherited our Lifetime Update** promise and they will receive a free update to the Cataclysm Leveling Guide and any future expansions.
    • An update fee for Leveling and Dailies & Events Guide Cataclysm content will be required for all other customers that didn’t fit any of the criteria above.
    • Cost will be $20 for a single guide or $30 for both Leveling & Dailies guides (upgrade fee will cover both Alliance & Horde)

** We used to offer Lifetime Update promise in the past however this offer was removed at the end of November 2008 and we will honor that promise for all customers who purchased our Leveling guide before November 2008.

Read the FAQ for further questions.
    Cataclysm Update Announcement & FAQ
    100 Warlock, 91 Shaman, 92 Paladin, 93 Warrior, 91 Druid, 91 Hunter, 90 DK, 90 Priest, 90 Rogue, 90 Mage, 90 Monk. Thanks to Dugi Guides. Warlords of Draenor, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by grezeau View Post
    Hey to all you guys who want something for free. No matter what was said, printed, or promised in the past, all that went out the window when Bliz decided to create what is essentially "almost" a whole new and different world from the real estate to the talent system.

That amount of change necessitates that all the third party WoW addon creators have a huge amount of work to get their products up to Cataclysm standards.

It is the norm to pay for work.

You guys that want to whine about "but I have a lifetime subscription" need to get comfortable with the reality. You HAD a lifetime sub. You don't anymore.

I personally have no problem with paying for products that others work hard at creating.
    You serious? So a manufacturer gives something a lifetime warranty then they turn around and say "actually guys, we realised that's a stupid idea, sorry, you now have no warranty" and that's ok?

Yeah right. A proper business model would include the fact that IF blizzard releases an expansion then Dugi will be charging again. People have invested hundreds of dollars into this guide and it's all about to be worth nothing. That ends my days of referring dugi's.

Thanks anyway.