Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best place to start leveling to 85?

Quote Originally Posted by paladoox View Post
    dugi, ur guide starts in hyjal or vash?

paladoox
    Here is hoping for a choice of either Following suite with my wrath leveling I would like to do both starter areas first so by the time I hit 85 there is still plenty of higher level zones open for earning gold. I always enjoying having a couple zones left to do at level cap since you get LOTS of starter money that way.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

You will have both option as we are covering all the 80-85 zones.

I find Vash'irj slightly slower initial since the Map is massive and you're forced to swim around at 60% speed. While in Hyjal you can benefit with the speed of your 310% mount straight away.

it is also possible to begin at level 78 however you may need to grind a bit of XP in dungeons as most of the quest require level 80 or switch between the 2 zones and complete all the level 78 quests.

My choice for speeding through the guide would be Hyjal but Vash have a more epic feel to it

so the entrance quest for hyjal starts in SW too or can I park my toon at winterspring to enter hyjal right after release? heard that the entrance to hyjal is at that area but i may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by paladoox View Post
    so the entrance quest for hyjal starts in SW too or can I park my toon at winterspring to enter hyjal right after release? heard that the entrance to hyjal is at that area but i may be wrong.
    Both Zones will begin at Stormwind / Orgrimmar, you will automatically receive a quest the moment you enter Stormwind / Orgrimmar.

Mount Hyjal: You will be sent to talk to Druid in Stormwind City / Orgrimmar which will port you to Moonglade and from Moonglade you get Dragon Ride for a little bit of Cinematic.

Vashj'ir: You will be sent to Stormwind Harbor and a boat will arrive take you to Vashj'ir. For Horde you will be sent to a new harbor North East of Durotar to take you Vashj'ir.

There are also handy portals for both zone from Stormwind / Orgrimmar.

Also Flight Trainers for flying in Azeroth for Flight Master's License can be found in Stormwind and Orgrimmar flight path area. It will cost around 250g,

and 310% flying speed or Master Riding can be purchased for 5000g.. both can be discounted by 20% if you're exalted to the city faction I think so raise your reputation for some savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugi View Post
    Also Flight Trainers for flying in Azeroth for Flight Master's License can be found in Stormwind and Orgrimmar flight path area. It will cost around 250g,

and 310% flying speed or Master Riding can be purchased for 5000g.. both can be discounted by 20% if you're exalted to the city faction I think so raise your reputation for some savings.
    got the 310% flighin already. just just need to buy the other flighing license at the trainer. better do that before i get the port to moonglade.
    by bein able to fly around in the hyjal, wont i miss alot of xp by flying from questgiver to "quest spot" instead of walkin and killin mobs on my way to the spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugi View Post
    just in regards to xp gain

1-60 is subject to change still, 80-85 solo questing is as it should be.. (not sure about dungeon xp/hour gain), so its relatively fast. I think they are also making 70-80 a little faster aswell to make it less grindy.
    With the release of patch 4.0.3a the percent of xp to get from 70-79 is reduced by 20%.