Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best place to start leveling to 85?

Default Best place to start leveling to 85?

hi there

a question to the guys with beta keys. which place is better to start with leveling to 85, Hyjal or Vashj´ir? and will there be start up quests in the fraction capitals need to be picked up before entering the new zones?

just curious so i know where to park my toon the day before cataclysm

cheers
    paladoox

hi i have been on the beta test realm and cannot find anywhere to advance beyond level 80

Quote Originally Posted by rjay101 View Post
    hi i have been on the beta test realm and cannot find anywhere to advance beyond level 80
    do you have a cataclysm beta key or did u play on ptr? ptr isnt cataclysm its just fpr the next patch..

Quote Originally Posted by paladoox View Post
    hi there

a question to the guys with beta keys. which place is better to start with leveling to 85, Hyjal or Vashj´ir? and will there be start up quests in the fraction capitals need to be picked up before entering the new zones?

just curious so i know where to park my toon the day before cataclysm

cheers
    paladoox
    it's really a matter of personal preference. My girlfriend did Hyjal first, and she really enjoyed the zone.

Calliann

I suggest doing Vash first... I mean if you have a mean specced comp, do Vash, otherwise do Hyjal. Vash is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by soleina View Post
    I suggest doing Vash first... I mean if you have a mean specced comp, do Vash, otherwise do Hyjal. Vash is beautiful!
    how to you enter vashj? is there a portal in a capital city or u go there by boat somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by paladoox View Post
    how to you enter vashj? is there a portal in a capital city or u go there by boat somehow?
    Go to SW. there will be a billboard in the middle of Trade District

Junior Member NightElf Male Warrior

If your going the quest way the best way to start is in SW which will lead to Hyjal it took me like 4 hours in Hyjal, to get 81 . I then went to the starting dungeon in the blackrock mountians were UBRS BWD BRD is and run the new five man there and got level 82 in two runs .

But I was told they might have nerfed that kinda leveling in instances , i hope not .

Administrator Orc Male Shaman

just in regards to xp gain

1-60 is subject to change still, 80-85 solo questing is as it should be.. (not sure about dungeon xp/hour gain), so its relatively fast. I think they are also making 70-80 a little faster aswell to make it less grindy.

yeah thats the same I heard about nerfin the dungeon leveling. i wanted to go for questing coz u never know who else is in group by df and that cud may slow ya down if the group sucks and keep wiping..,

dugi, ur guide starts in hyjal or vash?

paladoox