Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TomTom doesn't work

Default TomTom doesn't work

Hi,
    i installed all the new staff incl. TomTom but TomTom and dugisGuideViewer dosn't work together. After trying many things there ist no way.
    With Carbonite it works perfect.

What is the reason for this error?

According to TomTom via the wowinterface website they are having issue's bug hunting. So it's probably TomTom not fully 4.0.1 compatible. Keep an eye out for an update and it should fix it.

Thx for your answer. Dugis without tomtom is not really useful, right?

You can use carbonite in the meantime if you want.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

What type of issue are you having ? TomTom have been working perfectly since the patch.

There are no waypoints and no arrow, nothing. I use the latest version of TomTom but it does nothing. Carbonite works fine but why would I need dugi?

Same issue here with Tomtom last version
    No arrow, no waypoints created.

Not sure the issue comes from Tomtom, as using /tway x y causes the arrow to be displayed correctly...

Exclamation TomTom stopped working

Hey gang,
    My Tomtom works on and off lately. I didnt work in searing gorge but after I died and respawned it worked. Then I flew to another area and it stopped working. Now the waypoints are there so I haave been using those but the arrow just stops goes on and off. Oh and Swamp of Sorrows waypoint is haunting me for the life of me I cannot get rid of it. Now with that said I still love your guide I would have never gotten so far without it. Thanks Dugi Hope this info helps

NastJim
    Rivendare

Senior Member Human Male Mage

I've experienced the lost arrow also. Most of the time it is there, but sometimes it goes away and pouts.

So I switch to Carbonite. Many advantages to Carbonite anyway. Much more information. But Carbonite doesn't work with the ach/ prof guides such as herbalism and mining. So for that I switch back to Tom Tom and hope it works. Usually does. But I ignore the Tom Tom ant trail and just try to figure out how to get where it's pointing. The ant trail keeps leading me into mountain ranges which are impassable cause it just goes cross country.

In some ways I like Tom Tom and some ways Carbonite. Too bad we can't use both of them at the same time along with Dugi's

Administrator Undead Male Monk

If anyone can pin point specific guide and step where tomtom is not working for you, it would be a great help.

With regards it just going away randomly, it shouldn't do that unless that specific step doesn't contain any waypoint so make sure you check the description for that step.

If you loose your arrow sometimes it could be because you dragged it off screen.

go to Game Menu > Interface > AddOns > TomTom > Waypoint Arrow

now scroll down and click "Reset Position"

then type /way 50 50
    to test that it works.

Note that TomTom doesn't work in Deathknight Zone, Dungeons & Battlegrounds.