Thread: Use both Alliance and Horde guides in game?

Administrator Undead Male Monk

Question

Quote Originally Posted by becki
    I play chars/toons who are both Alliance and Horde. Is there a way to have both installed in Add-Ons at the same time so I don't have to change them out when I want to change chars/toons?

I apologize if this has been asked before but wasn't sure what keywords to search with.
    Just make sure Alliance and Horde folder is in UltimateWoWGuide folder so you should have

\Interface\AddOns\UltimateWoWGuide\Alliance
    \Interface\AddOns\UltimateWoWGuide\Horde
    Last edited by Dugi; 03-01-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: merge post to prevent email address from showing.

That doesn't help for me. Today is the first day I wanted to try out a horde char.
    But even though I have a horde map in my UltimateWoWGuide map, in the game itself guides won't load for my horde.

What to do with this? I am afraid that I'm losing my alliance guides I've done so far if I make a wrong decision x-D

So the folder \Interface\AddOns\UltimateWoWGuide\Horde definately exist?

can you check inside and see if all the files exist should be a total of 58 LUA files + Guides.xml and Horde.toc

I am sorry for the late reply, haven't had a chance to check back on the internet.
    But I have checked what you said though, I made some screenies to show you. I can imagine it's confusing for the both of us what could be wrong here :P
    Personally I think it has something to do with not being able to set it as active in the addon box in the game itself. But I can't be sure. Maybe it's because of certain addons that go over the horde addon or something. Anyway, here are some screenies.

First screen (horde and alliance map in \Interface\AddOns\UltimateWoWGuide\Horde)

Second screen (the 58 files + Guides.xml and Horde.toc)

My addons in game (not even sure which ones I use x-))

What I see with my horde character

What I see with my alliance character

I hope it helps to see what I am doing wrong
    And thank you for replying!

We change the file format that should fix this ongoing problem.

refer to this thread

http://www.ultimatewowguide.com/foru...read.php?t=269

delete the folder ultimatewowguide.com and download the latest files so you should have these selection in your addons menu.

Dugi's Guide - Viewer
    Dugi's Guide - Alliance En
    Dugi's Guide - Horde En

Perfect! It works
    Only one thing though. I had to set my guide all over again, which is okay. But the button all the way down in the guide options says you can tick it to make that chapter 100% finished. That doesn't work. But for the rest it works with my alliance and horde now.

Thanks a bunch!