Thread: Not a happy camper at this point

Senior Member Human Male Mage

Default Not a happy camper at this point

So far I HATE what they have done to WOW.

They took away most of the spells my various characters had.
    They said arrows and bullets would be gone but my quiver still has arrows in it and is using them -- but you can put other things in a bag marked quiver. Big oversight there -- they bags previously called quivers should no longer be labeled that if arrows are supposed to be gone or at least having to keep a supply of them.

They took mage armor away from my mage!!!!!
    Don't get it back until level 68!!!

That sucks big time.

My toons had their spells all lined up so I could click 1 2 3 4 as I went into battle and now everything is screwed up big time.

I'm gonna give it a week or two to try to get used to it but right now I'm really tempted to just cancel my subscription to WOW.

The arrows/bullets are now grey vendor junk. Just sell them. As for the quivers, they were cnverted to regular bags, but all they did was change the item type to bag, so the name & such stayed.

yeah - its a different game - I actually like it. The talent system is easier - I LOVE what they did with Glyphs actually. Sure the spell rotations have changed, but I have to say the DPS has gone up slightly (just PvE so far) on my Enhancement Shammy - and the changes to his mana generation border on OP inho - I NEVER have below 80% it seems, will have to see how raiding works.

Do you even NEED mage armor at lower levels? I sure didn't when I leveled my mage... The only times I used it while leveling was in dungeons, and I noticed that I didn't even need it then. Frankly, since WotLK came out, mage armor has been pretty useless, as once you get molten armor you want to use that for the extra crit. I haven't actually played with my mage since the patch came out, so I don't know if that's changed or not.

The word "Nerf" comes to mind. I don't know about you, but I actually liked the more complicated layout and system; it gave you more options. Yeah, my level 80 mage got mashed up a bit, and I had to "relearn" everything like I was a day 1 noob. My warrior got nuts. It seems to me that my warrior buffed up x3. I'm taking on mobs now I wouldn't have dreamed taking on 2 weeks ago. I haven't checked the others yet. It's gonna take some time to find my balance again.

Grr.

Calliann

Guys, please keep in mind that this is the first BIG content patch.. ALOT of changes have been implemented, it will take longer then a week or 2 to get used to it. There will be some hotfixes associated to the patch during the next weeks as we get closer to cataclysm..

You also have to keep in mind that with every BIG content patch, a few bugs will always be associated due to an oversight... right now, fire mages pretty much own PvP as I've seen (yes, I've SEEN) Mage 2-shot a 50K health Warrior. Some combat mechanics are a little off. Also, the mass has been asking for more skill involved in combat.. meaning, more skill required to complete dungeons instead of pressing said 1 2 3 4 while watching TV.

But in all seriousness.. as much as we'd love to help you have a better experience with the game, we can't do anything about the changes to the game. Maybe you should post this in the blizzard sites where you're voice may be ignored, but can at least be heard.

I do find it strange some people saying "it's a different game". Seriously?

It's still plays like WoW with a few things changed around here and there. Really not a big deal at all.

I'm not even sure most people will need a week to get used to the changes.