Thread: travelling speed - how to determine it?

Default travelling speed - how to determine it?

Is there any way of determining your travelling speed? I want to know how my druid's travel form + 2/2 feral switfness compares to a lvl 20 mount.

Edit: it just occurred to me that feral swiftness affects only cat form, not travel form. I still can't work out which is quicker though -travel form or early mount.
    Last edited by roxxor; 09-14-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Calliann

well travel form is 40% speed, early mount is 60%, epic land mount is 100%, Regular flying mount is 150% Air/100% Land, Epic Flying is 280% Air/100% Land, and Cataclysm will give you 310% Air/100% Land.

Super Moderator Worgen Male Warlock

Cat form = 20% (if I remember correctly .. non talented)
    Travel form = 40%
    Early mount = 60%
    Fast mount = 100%
    Early flight = 150%
    Fast flight = 280% (if you already possess a 310% speed mount, your Swift Flight Form's speed will increase to 310%)

Some addons are able to guess your speed. I believe they calculate by looking into distance between zones and stuff. I'm not sure how accurate they are?

edit: lol Soleina beat me to it
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Paladin, 90 Warrior, 90 Druid, 90 Hunter, 90 DK, 90 Priest, 90 Rogue, 90 Mage, 90 Monk. Thanks to Dugi Guides. Warlords of Draenor, here I come.

Senior Member Human Male DeathKnight

Post here is one speed addon

Quote Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
    Is there any way of determining your travelling speed? I want to know how my druid's travel form + 2/2 feral switfness compares to a lvl 20 mount.

Edit: it just occurred to me that feral swiftness affects only cat form, not travel form. I still can't work out which is quicker though -travel form or early mount.
    Here is one speed addon that I've have used. Works pretty well.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...key-speed.aspx

Senior Member Human Male Mage

Carbonite also shows your speed on the mini-map.
    Speed seems to be based on walking speed as the base and then shows a percentage above that.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonawillie View Post
    Carbonite also shows your speed on the mini-map.
    Speed seems to be based on walking speed as the base and then shows a percentage above that.
    Correct. Walking speed is 0% and then all the mounts/forms are in addition to it, so +40% etc.