Thread: travelling speed - how to determine it?

Default travelling speed - how to determine it?

Is there any way of determining your travelling speed? I want to know how my druid's travel form + 2/2 feral switfness compares to a lvl 20 mount.

Edit: it just occurred to me that feral swiftness affects only cat form, not travel form. I still can't work out which is quicker though -travel form or early mount.
    Last edited by roxxor; 09-14-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Calliann

well travel form is 40% speed, early mount is 60%, epic land mount is 100%, Regular flying mount is 150% Air/100% Land, Epic Flying is 280% Air/100% Land, and Cataclysm will give you 310% Air/100% Land.

Super Moderator Worgen Male Warlock

Cat form = 20% (if I remember correctly .. non talented)
    Travel form = 40%
    Early mount = 60%
    Fast mount = 100%
    Early flight = 150%
    Fast flight = 280% (if you already possess a 310% speed mount, your Swift Flight Form's speed will increase to 310%)

Some addons are able to guess your speed. I believe they calculate by looking into distance between zones and stuff. I'm not sure how accurate they are?

edit: lol Soleina beat me to it
    Alliance: 7 x 110 & 5 x 103+
    Horde: 5 x 100+ & 7 x 50+ ... Thanks to Dugi Guides.

Post here is one speed addon

Quote Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
    Is there any way of determining your travelling speed? I want to know how my druid's travel form + 2/2 feral switfness compares to a lvl 20 mount.

Edit: it just occurred to me that feral swiftness affects only cat form, not travel form. I still can't work out which is quicker though -travel form or early mount.
    Here is one speed addon that I've have used. Works pretty well.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...key-speed.aspx

Senior Member Human Male Mage

Carbonite also shows your speed on the mini-map.
    Speed seems to be based on walking speed as the base and then shows a percentage above that.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonawillie View Post
    Carbonite also shows your speed on the mini-map.
    Speed seems to be based on walking speed as the base and then shows a percentage above that.
    Correct. Walking speed is 0% and then all the mounts/forms are in addition to it, so +40% etc.