Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Horde 1-80 Leveling guide

Default Horde 1-80 Leveling guide

when i open a page of the leveling guide, it goes to the top of the page and i can't see it. Even when i drag it down to the middle of the page, the moment i let go of the mouse button, it instantly goes back to the top.

Any info on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated

Administrator Human Male Priest

This is the 'Snap' feature that is causing the problem, try loading the main window with /wg and you will notice that both windows are linked together if you move the bottom on the top one will follow, and on the top window you can click the snap button (looks like a magnet icon) , on the top left corner of the page window, and that will stop the page from sticking.

you should also set your hotkey for /wg by going to your Game Menu > Keybinding and scroll all the way down, to select a hotkey. that way you don't have to type /wg all the time.

Thankyou very much for that, i'll go on and try it now =D

I tried it, but with no luck, it still opens in a separate stubborn window at the top of the page =[.

Is there anything else i could do to get it to work?

are you still still able to drag the window down and it bounce back or did you loose the window completely?

You need to use the main window that open and close when you type /wg to control the window that is stuck.

try reseting your layout by deleting the layout.txt file you can find it here

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\YOUR SERVER NAME\YOUR CHARACTER NAME\layout-local.txt

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\YOUR SERVER NAME\YOUR CHARACTER NAME\layout-cache.txt

i can still see the window, but i just cant drag it anywhere.

i open the guide with /wg and it still doesnt work.

i reset the layout but still nothing =[

im just really confused

I really need more information of what is happening to help you.

do you have more than 1 guide loaded? ie both Alliance and Horde at the same time? check which addons you have loaded.

in your very first post you said that you can drag the window, now you cant?

can you see any text ?

what happen when you open the guide with /wg ? you need to drag the window that opens with /wg and it will control the top window, did you try this?

did you try turning off the snap feature by clicking the top left icon ?

are you able to send me a screenshot of what it looks like for you?

to do this press your Print Screen button on your keyboard or Prt Scr, (should be next to your Scroll Lock button)

then you would find the screen shot in

World of Warcraft\Screenshots\

if you still cant do it, try deleting the

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\WowGuideAlliance

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\WowGuideHorde

folders and reinstall it.

i must have an outdated version of the guide, because mine doesn't look like that.

i'll download the new one and see what happens

after being away for a while. i redownloaded the guide, and it still didnt work, i've done everything you have previoulsy posted to no avail...

any more help would be greatly appreciated =D

Quote Originally Posted by inhumanforce View Post
    after being away for a while. i redownloaded the guide, and it still didnt work, i've done everything you have previoulsy posted to no avail...

any more help would be greatly appreciated =D
    please tell me step-by-step what you have done, and what you see, take a screenshot if you can.