Thread: Switching between guides does not recognize completed quests properly + bug in a qst.

Default Switching between guides does not recognize completed quests properly + bug in a qst.

I noticed that when switching between guides (i.e. Leveling and Dungeon) the recent version does not recognize completed quests correctly and the user is forced to backtrack and retick the already completed quests. This was my scenario:

I was using the leveling guide for Borean Tundra 70+, when I reached the Coldara area, I switched my guide over to the Nexus Dungeon Leveling Guide and started doing the prereq for the quests, etc. Most of the quests in the Dugeon guide exists in the leveling guide. After I finished doing all the prereq of the Dugeon guide and queue'd for Nexus, I switched back to the Leveling guide to keep questing while waiting for queue. The leveling guide did not recognize which quests I had already finished and I was forced to backtrack and retick all the quests I had already done through the Dungeon Leveling guide. Resulting in a 10minute downtime. This is very inconvenient, can this be looked at?

I also noticed that this quest on the guide displays the incorrect item on the quest item button of the addon -- I had to dig through my bags for the proper item.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11969

Calliann

Thanks for reporting. We will look into it.

Administrator Orc Male Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by jozef3d View Post
    I noticed that when switching between guides (i.e. Leveling and Dungeon) the recent version does not recognize completed quests correctly and the user is forced to backtrack and retick the already completed quests. This was my scenario:

I was using the leveling guide for Borean Tundra 70+, when I reached the Coldara area, I switched my guide over to the Nexus Dungeon Leveling Guide and started doing the prereq for the quests, etc. Most of the quests in the Dugeon guide exists in the leveling guide. After I finished doing all the prereq of the Dugeon guide and queue'd for Nexus, I switched back to the Leveling guide to keep questing while waiting for queue. The leveling guide did not recognize which quests I had already finished and I was forced to backtrack and retick all the quests I had already done through the Dungeon Leveling guide. Resulting in a 10minute downtime. This is very inconvenient, can this be looked at?

I also noticed that this quest on the guide displays the incorrect item on the quest item button of the addon -- I had to dig through my bags for the proper item.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11969
    I have fixed the item issue,

Are you using any other questing type addon? carbonite, questhelper etc that may conflict with quest history tracker.

have you tried clicking the reset and reload button? try selecting a different guide then select borean tundra?

if this happens again, log out and log in will probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugi View Post
    I have fixed the item issue,
    Awesome. Thanks for doing that. I thought I picked up the wrong quest at first until I found the item in my bagspace.

Are you using any other questing type addon? carbonite, questhelper etc that may conflict with quest history tracker.
    No sir, I am not using any other questing addons or any that may conflict history tracker. From the top of my head (not at home), here are the following addons I am using:
    Tomtom
    Dugi's Guide
    Omen
    Deadly Boss Mods
    Auctioneer (complete)
    Auctionator
    ButtonTimers
    PowerAuras
    Recount
    Postal
    Quartz

have you tried clicking the reset and reload button? try selecting a different guide then select borean tundra?
    yes sir, I clicked the reset button and it would clear out all the tick marks afterwards, I clicked the reload button and it still didn't recognize those quests, even after I manually ticked them. I also tried a manual /reload.

if this happens again, log out and log in will probably work.
    I also logged out, exited wow, and logged back in and still exhibited the same problem.