Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deadmines pre-quests difficult to solo

Junior Member NightElf Female Hunter

Default Deadmines pre-quests difficult to solo

Hi! I am doing the Deadmines dungeon guide. I hit level 16 while doing the prequests and bravely went on to tackle the orange prequests (Oh Brother; Collecting Memories - this one is yellow, but same area). Well, I can't get past the sorcerers with minions (both level 17)at the entrance to the mines. I manage the first one ok, then usually run into the other one with 1-2 miners nearby who join the fight. Comments I've read suggest a minimum level 17 to solo these prequests. Level 21 is suggested as a comfortable level. I'd love to use your guide as is, but can't (despite kicking, evading, stealthing and buffing to the max).

NB> I did party up to try these 2 quests - both of the others seemed to be there for unknown reasons, and they eventually had a fight over loot and then decided they were pals, charging fearlessly into packs of mobs and leaving me behind when I died! Better luck next time - but so far I've spent a LOT of time trying every strategy I can think of to complete these quests in your suggested order, and died multiple times. Would love some ideas, other than "find a better party!"

Senior Member Human Male Warlock

yea i had some probs there. just corpse hoped to the area to do the quests and got it.

Quote Originally Posted by crytsaltech View Post
    yea i had some probs there. just corpse hoped to the area to do the quests and got it.
    I don't know if its just me or not, but corpse hopping to the quest area sounds like a pretty big design flaw in a guide. All the time wasted running over and over from the graveyard to your corpse.

Senior Member Human Male Warlock

well in solo play your bound to die a few times.

I totally agree w/ lividia and knighteternal. I happen to get lucky and had a lvl80 run pass me and agree to team up and give me a hand to kill the foreman and get the union cards. I wouldn't have minded so much if the GY was a tad closer. Wait till you get to the stockades. GL in Wetlands. Before you ask. Yes, you do have to complete that quest before the one in the guide appears...

The dungeon guide is great and so is the leveling guide. In each there is bound to be problems in the "daily grind" due to lack of suitable level or class.

Let's take a moment to pause and reflect why we got the guides to begin with. You want to go from 1 to 80 in the least amount of time possible. Some quests you'll skip. Some instances you'll never get a party together for.

To get from 1 to 80 in the fastest way, you'll need to jump between guides often. Dungeon guide too hard at your level? Switch over to the leveling guide and keep going, then bounce back when you are ready. Waiting for a dungeon queue? Bounce over to leveling guide and knock out some quests.

Personally, I've been using the dungeon guide 3 - 4 instances at a time. That way if a random comes up, I'm set and I get the goodies. (And I don't hand in the quests until they are green, because I like to share quests in case of repeat randoms.)

Grave hopping only cost you gold and banged up gear in the long run.

I agree with Daknit, I have been using a combination of both the dungeon guide and the solo guide on my Druid, it helps especially with the 30+ min queue times for DPS. It also lets you get to higher levels to do the dungeon guide quests easier. Unfortunately though, some quests in the Dungeon Guide are just not soloable, even if you have those couple of extra levels from solo questing.

But for me, a combination of Dungeon and Solo Guide is definately the way to go.
    Last edited by knighteternal; 05-31-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daknit View Post
    Grave hopping only cost you gold and banged up gear in the long run.
    You forgot time

Quote Originally Posted by dcosta76 View Post
    You forgot time
    Well actually he probably didn't mention it because I did in my first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by knighteternal View Post
    All the time wasted running over and over from the graveyard to your corpse.

Junior Member NightElf Female Hunter

Default Thanks everybody!

Hiyas! Thanks to everybody who answered. I'll try combining the guides and keep looking for effective parties at my level.

I am concerned that I'll level too high to do the dungeons. This happened on another toon. He's too high a level now to queue for the dungeons he needs, so now I have to lfg the old fashioned way or catch 4 guildies of the same level in-game at the same time, so that he can learn these dungeons.

I died too many times for fun or efficient leveling, by the way. About 12 before I accepted that I couldn't follow the dungeon guide exactly as is. Used up all my good potions

Happy hunting!