Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Support

Administrator Undead Male Monk

Default Tech Support

If you need any technical support you can also create a new thread in this forum instead of email.

Default onscreen error message from alliance guide

Getting an error message when game starts:

Interface/addons/WowGuideAlliance/WowGuideAlliance.lua:126:attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Tried removing one at a time and found the problem is in the 'WowGuideAlliance' folder. I left the others and whenever that one is enabled the error message appears??

How do I fix it please?

Quote Originally Posted by marknida View Post
    Getting an error message when game starts:

Interface/addons/WowGuideAlliance/WowGuideAlliance.lua:126:attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Tried removing one at a time and found the problem is in the 'WowGuideAlliance' folder. I left the others and whenever that one is enabled the error message appears??

How do I fix it please?
    you may still have an old version of the alliance guide, try deleting it and redownload a new one from the members area

only carbonite is working out of all the addons in the horde 1-80lvling guide. i have reinstall a few times, same results each time.
    Any suggestions??

hi msk106, this is just a copy and paste solution, to make sure you've check all the possible error during the installation,

If it doesn't show up in the Addons selection menu the reason is always because it is not copied correctly.

Make sure you extracted the guide first, can you make sure all the files exist in

Incorrect
    World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\WoWGuideHorde\WoWGuideHo rde.zip

Correct
    World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\WoWGuideHorde\Bindings.x ml
    World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\WoWGuideHorde\WoWGuideBo oks.lua
    World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\WoWGuideHorde\WowguideHo rde.toc
    World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\WoWGuideHorde\WowGuideHo rde.lua
    World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\WoWGuideHorde\WowGuideHo rde.xml

There is also common problem that people have more than 1 copy of WoW after installing WOTLK, make sure you copied the file to the correct folder. You can verify which wow folder is correct by checking your shortcut icon properties.

thanks very much.
    it did turn out that i had 2 wow folders.
    lol now back to reinstallin curse and all my old mods( delete them thinking that was the problem)
    now they work and appear

The Guide dossent work for me. im in insoect range of Ah, Im on Epick mount. im not in AH but just out side, i w8ed 30 min and still have the same money, got 36,0704g, what have i done rong? do i need to have my bags open?

Quote Originally Posted by 1379 View Post
    The Guide dossent work for me. im in insoect range of Ah, Im on Epick mount. im not in AH but just out side, i w8ed 30 min and still have the same money, got 36,0704g, what have i done rong? do i need to have my bags open?
    What does this mean? What are you trying to do?

I'm getting an error on the guide that says "Interface\AddOns\WowGuideHorde.lua:126: attempt to index field '?' (anil value)". x.x; Not sure what to do to fix it. I extracted and overwritten the guide, even made sure WoW wasn't installed twice, restarted WoW, etc... but nothing works of what i've done so far.
    Last edited by loki61496@hotmail.com; 12-21-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Edit: Also, I downloaded the latest one. It's not an older version.

Bump. xP
    I still haven't gotten it to work or found the problem. ; ;