Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skipping Objectives

Default Skipping Objectives

The Guides Quest detection is working well, however, I am currently working on rep so I am using my Horde leveling guide to point me in the right direction.

When I get to a step in the guide for example, making an inn your home, I just want to tick the box and move on. I'm level 80 and I am bound to Dalarn. This is actually a problem I have through out the guide including the dailies. I can tick the box, but it just puts and x in there and that is it.

So if there comes a portion in the guide where it is just a note (FYI) for the user, and the user is required to tick past it, my guide is just a stand still at that point.

I have updated to v4.059

This is the very first haulting problem I have had since v3, but I cant just work around it, for this guide to be helpful to me I need to tick past certain criteria.

Fantasic work, it is the biggest time savor and I am grateful, but like I mentioned, the guide becomes a paperweight in the game once I am required to tick past a step in the guide

Perhaps, and I hope, I have done something wrong, please advise.

Thank you

Administrator Undead Male Monk

I'm sorry for my late reply.

So what you're saying that if you tick X on a box it does nothing? it doesn't advance to the next step? can you take a screen shot of this if you can.

try typing '/reload ui' a couple of times.

Try deleting your savevariables file, I think it might be conflicting for some reason.

go to

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<your account name>\<server name>\<character name>\SavedVariables\

and delete DugisGuideViewerZ.lua and DugisGuideViewerZ.lua.bak

I'm having the same problem in a different way. I find when i complete an objective ahead of where you have it in the guide, when i get to that objective later...it is telling me i should do it, so i click on it to say i'm done...yet it places an X there instead...and then proceeds to auto put an X on the quest hand in...so it doesn't then tell me to hand in a quest i have actually completed.

Previous versions let you put a checkmark...and would then tell you to hand in the quest...any chance there is a way to do this?

Calliann

Have you both tried COMPLETELY deleting DugisGuideViewerZ and reinstalling V 4.059? Also is this happening on the Horde, Alliance or both Guides?

Yes, completed removed...i downloaded the latest guide a day or two ago from the members page.

I don't get stuck when ticking it...it just also eliminates the hand in, even though I completed the quest.

Like i said, it appears to happen if i do quests out of order from the guide...it doesn't seem to recognize that the quest or what it says to do has been done already, so if i tick it off it also crosses out the hand in, thinking it isn't done.

Calliann

I have encountered something like that while revising the lower levels. I haven't come across this error yet with the latest version of the guide. If you know which step this happens on, please let us know.

If I come across it from my end, I'll ensure to have it fixed for the next build.

Happens to me on every outland quest...I remember the old quest guide, when you ticked the box, it would be a checkmark, and simply move on...but whenever i tick a box now, it is always an marks as an x, and seems to determine that since you checked it, the quest must not be done and hence, it crosses it off. Also, on the horde edition...i find that many of the beginning quests for me when you start in the Shattrath zone, the map points are incorrect...leading me outside of shat...when they are inside. Although i guess it didn't help that I chose the other faction...but still some of them were pointing in the forest instead of the city, about to try the alli one now, i'll mark any down that i see.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siightunnown View Post
    Happens to me on every outland quest...I remember the old quest guide, when you ticked the box, it would be a checkmark, and simply move on...but whenever i tick a box now, it is always an marks as an x, and seems to determine that since you checked it, the quest must not be done and hence, it crosses it off. Also, on the horde edition...i find that many of the beginning quests for me when you start in the Shattrath zone, the map points are incorrect...leading me outside of shat...when they are inside. Although i guess it didn't help that I chose the other faction...but still some of them were pointing in the forest instead of the city, about to try the alli one now, i'll mark any down that i see.
    This is how its suppose to function if you tick a quest manually, then it means that you're skipping it. Why are you ticking the quests manually?

Which version are you using? can are you using carbonite with tomtom?

Hello Dugi,

OK So I went and deleted the addon and all lua/bak files associated with the guide.

I reinstalled the guide, and did a few /reload ui .. however I am still having the same issue, where I cannot tick the guide to proceed to the next step.

I have attached a screen shot.

I have stopped using carbonite since blizzard implemented their own objective tracking system.

Furthurmore, I wonder if I have an addon that is now conflicting with yours, since your using a new core.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWScrnShot_041610_162956.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	238.9 KB 
ID:	67  
    Last edited by houghtonjp; 04-16-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugi View Post
    This is how its suppose to function if you tick a quest manually, then it means that you're skipping it. Why are you ticking the quests manually?
    I have found this when i have started to use it on an alt which already has quests in the quest log picks up pre quests of a quest line but does not recognise that you have say the 2nd or 3rd part in your log instead i have to log out disable the mod log back in abandon the quest/s then log out enable addon and pick quest/s up again.
    If you do not do this you check the box as you have it in your log and the rest of that quest chain gets marked as done.