Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disapointed in purchase need help please

haseeby5

Angry Disapointed in purchase need help please

I recently purchased the guide and after looking at the farming spots everyplace was a place I knew about already and so it didn't help me can I get some help please as to how to make more gold?
    Last edited by haseeby5; 04-01-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Administrator Human Male Priest

have you tried the auction house strategies.

Junior Member Draenei Male DeathKnight

Ya, im not rly happy with the guides either. All the farming places are places I know and the auction house stuff is just the same stuff that u see recycled in every other guide out there. Anybody have tips on how to actually make gold?

These strategies clearly work, read other peoples threads. Some people are nearing the gold cap.

I am personally pulling in about 500-1000 per hour on the AH using my own twist on these methods coupled with a bit of farming.

The dailies in northrend are a surefire 300 gold an hour easy!

Senior Member BloodElf Male Warlock

@haseeby5 and nico

The auctioneer advanced video tutorial is great, the one where he shows you how to configure it to look for low priced items.

The one thing you really have to pay attention to and understand is that he has taken the time to research the items he is buying and selling. Listen to some of his explanations and you'll see that what he really uses to make the amounts of gold he makes is not just Auctioneer but his KNOWLEDGE of the items themselves. He knows what items are used for and by whom, the foods used by raiders for example. He also finds items he doesn't know much about and says he has to research them, here again it's clear knowledge is power.

There is no easy way to make gold, either in WoW or the real world for that matter, you have to work at it on a regular basis. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

As to the farming locations, frankly the world of warcraft is a finite world, there are only so many resources available and only so many places to gather those resources. Hopefully all the farming that goes on isn't contributing to global warming

Regardig AH's one thing ive found is some things sell on one AH but not another, as for the being linked this isnt strictly true, ive place items at SW & they have not been shown at Booty, I make Glyphs & ive found the sell better at Darnissus thann SW or Ironforge

Senior Member NightElf Male Warrior

Hummm. Well as far as I understand all the major cities such as the Alliance (SW, IF, Darnassus & Exodar), they are all tied together and so are the Horde major cities but not with the opposite faction. But Booty Bay is a place Horde and Alliance can sell to each other. There is 1 other place that Horde and Alliance can sell things through the AH but can't think about it at the moment.

I have also heard that some things sell better on other Realms (Servers). It is also like the stock market. One day it sells good and maybe for a while but then it does not for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwind View Post
    Regardig AH's one thing ive found is some things sell on one AH but not another, as for the being linked this isnt strictly true, ive place items at SW & they have not been shown at Booty, I make Glyphs & ive found the sell better at Darnissus thann SW or Ironforge
    No, all same-faction AHs are linked.
    That means that Exodar, Darnassus, SW and IF all share the same AH on the Alli side,
    and Orgr, TB, Silvermoon, UC for the Horde side.

The AH in Booty Bay is a neutral AH (since it's a Neutral town), and thus doesn't share AH with either Horde or Alliance. Other Neutral AHs are in Gadgetzan and Everlook. (these Neutral AHs share AH too)

Edit; As for lilocowboy's comment; Yeah, the prices can differ a LOT between realms. The most popular items will usually be quite equal though (high tradeskill-items, orbs, eternals, etc)..
    Last edited by arnstone88; 04-13-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Calliann

This is true. The economy on each realm differs greatly. You will need to study the AH to see what sells and what doesn't. Your best bet is to start with Trade Goods.

You will never be truly successful until you have failed.

Dugi's Gold Guide has some great tutorials and advice. You may even want to check our partner, Massive Gold Blueprint. I have their guide and works wonders as he goes into the nitty gritty of the Auction House and has extremely detailed videos.

Hi Moonwind,

Not totally sure of this but I think Booty AH is only linked to other AH's in neutral territories.

This is because Horde and alliance can buy and sell there, but other Horde and Alliance AH's are not linked.

That is the way I have figured it, it i am wrong, then perhaps someone could let me know.

Tony