Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Any timeline for new guides?

  1. #21
    Banned BloodElf Male Rogue

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I think a lot of us are just disappointed because this whole situation could have been avoided. When I purchased Dugi's guide I did so under the impression that I was buying software that Dugi himself created because it was called Dugi's Viewer. Now I come to find out that it was someone else's addon, TourGuide, with Dugi's name slapped on it. At the very least I would have expected the use of TourGuide to be cleared with it's owner but apparently it wasn't, even if Dugi thought it was. Now we are being told we can't even download the software we paid for. Even if I have a working copy I don't like not being able to download something I paid for. The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

  2. #22
    Administrator Orc Male Shaman
    Dugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,059

    Default

    As I said in the notice which is to contact me dave at ultimatewowguide.com if you need help recovering your files. Nobody should be without a guide right now.

  3. #23
    Administrator Orc Male Shaman
    Dugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalbath View Post
    I think a lot of us are just disappointed because this whole situation could have been avoided. When I purchased Dugi's guide I did so under the impression that I was buying software that Dugi himself created because it was called Dugi's Viewer. Now I come to find out that it was someone else's addon, TourGuide, with Dugi's name slapped on it. At the very least I would have expected the use of TourGuide to be cleared with it's owner but apparently it wasn't, even if Dugi thought it was. Now we are being told we can't even download the software we paid for. Even if I have a working copy I don't like not being able to download something I paid for. The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    Please don't speculate further without knowing the full information. Selling world of warcraft addon is against Blizzard addon policy, that is not what you have spent your money on.

    We created the guides, that is what we sell and it is 'Dugi'.

    I can promise you that you will be able to download the addon from our website again.

  4. #24

    Exclamation When??

    Quote Originally Posted by Dugi View Post
    Please don't speculate further without knowing the full information. Selling world of warcraft addon is against Blizzard addon policy, that is not what you have spent your money on.

    We created the guides, that is what we sell and it is 'Dugi'.

    I can promise you that you will be able to download the addon from our website again.
    With all respect Dugi, right now you don't have ****. I paid for a guide and I don't have one.

    You took someone elses addon, rebranded it (so as not to "confuse" anyone), and when I say "not to confuse anyone", I mean "make more money by misrepresenting a product".

    Dugi, I like your guide, I PAID for your guide and now I can't even download YOUR guide (is it really "your guide"??).

    I still have the addon, so release the most current guide, or refund a portion of my payment. If and when you get your own guide up, I'll review it and see if it is worth my time/money.

    tG

  5. #25

    Default

    I can send you a copy of "dugi's guide" Horde or alliance, they were purchased before Zygor took over Tourguide.

    I could send them by email as an attachement. I dont believe that this is illegal, as the terms of the veiwer at that time were that it was a free add on. If anyone knows different perhaps they could let me know. Otherwise I will post my personal email address.

    Tony

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalbath View Post
    I think a lot of us are just disappointed because this whole situation could have been avoided. When I purchased Dugi's guide I did so under the impression that I was buying software that Dugi himself created because it was called Dugi's Viewer. Now I come to find out that it was someone else's addon, TourGuide, with Dugi's name slapped on it. At the very least I would have expected the use of TourGuide to be cleared with it's owner but apparently it wasn't, even if Dugi thought it was. Now we are being told we can't even download the software we paid for. Even if I have a working copy I don't like not being able to download something I paid for. The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    All I've seen this guy do is b!tch. If you actually took the time to look, Dugi has always given credit where it's due. I don't know the behind the scenes of what happen. Nor do I care. The fact of the matter is Tour Guide was bought out. Dugi, as well as others, have to stop using Tour Guide as their base. To the best of my knowledge Tour Guide was always free and open source. I do not recall seeing that the addon could not be modified and redistributed in its modified form. If that was in fact the case, then yes, Dugi was in the wrong for not having, in the very least, intellectual rights to modify and redistribute the addon for profit. Yes, yes, the addon is free it's the information in the guides that you're paying for. Regardless, I still believe and will continue to believe that Tour Guide was purchased to cripple the competition. You can argue the case that it wasn't. I still won't believe that for one minute that it wasn't.

    In closing, the rest of this message is directed towards Dugi. I understand what has transpired did hurt business for you and that you are working feverishly towards creating a new addon. However, I feel it would greatly improve relations if we were given status updates to your progress towards a launch. Jess has managed to inform us that a launch was hopeful on Monday if not the following Monday. OK, now once Monday has arrived give us something else to go on. Or even the night before since you would more than likely know launch would not occur as scheduled. Maybe even the reasoning as to the delay perhaps?

  7. #27

    Default

    I am just sitting here pondering over a glass of wine guys, but I am wondering how this whole thing works. It seems that Zygor have the rights to Tourguide and they say "Dugi" can't use it. Yet , Blizz say that addons have to be available free of charge.


    Tourguide is still available free of charge. "Nubun" and "Idemise" are still selling their guides and providing tourguide as a viewer.


    So how does that work, how can Zygor make it free for some ppl, but not others, depending on which guide they buy. When we buy a guide, the viewer is an addon which is supplied free of charge, has to be that way to meet Blizz regs.

    Can they (Zygor) legally stop some people from using it, when it is available, free of charge, to others.

    Just a thought.

    Tony
    Last edited by antonyheath22; 03-08-2010 at 11:18 PM.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonyheath22 View Post
    I am just sitting here pondering over a glass of wine guys, but I am wondering how this whole thing works. It seems that Zygor have the rights to Tourguide and they say "Dugi" can't use it. Yet , Blizz say that addons have to be available free of charge.


    Tourguide is still available free of charge. "Nubun" and "Idemise" are still selling their guides and providing tourguide as a viewer.


    So how does that work, how can Zygor make it free for some ppl, but not others, depending on which guide they buy. When we buy a guide, the viewer is an addon which is supplied free of charge, has to be that way to meet Blizz regs.

    Can they (Zygor) legally stop some people from using it, when it is available, free of charge, to others.

    Just a thought.

    Tony
    @ Tony

    Exactly! I thought the same thing. So again, I will NEVER believe <Name Withheld> didn't buy Tour Guide to screw Dugi over?

  9. #29
    Super Moderator Tauren Male Paladin
    biggfootdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    248

    Wink Chill Out

    There have been several post on here claiming that Dugi's guide is unavailable. I beg to differ. You bought a guide, not an addon, therefore you can download the guide and view it anytime you wish from the member site. The addon was a third party addon that allowed you to view the guide in-game, it was not sold by Dugi. Whether you believe Dave is in the right or the wrong, is irrelevant, because the guide you bought is available in another format. No where on this site does Dave claim that his guide is exclusively in-game, so just chill out, and let Dugi get his addon finished for all of us.
    Last edited by biggfootdad; 03-09-2010 at 01:01 AM.

  10. #30
    Administrator Orc Male Shaman
    Dugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegardener View Post
    With all respect Dugi, right now you don't have ****. I paid for a guide and I don't have one.

    You took someone elses addon, rebranded it (so as not to "confuse" anyone), and when I say "not to confuse anyone", I mean "make more money by misrepresenting a product".

    Dugi, I like your guide, I PAID for your guide and now I can't even download YOUR guide (is it really "your guide"??).

    I still have the addon, so release the most current guide, or refund a portion of my payment. If and when you get your own guide up, I'll review it and see if it is worth my time/money.

    tG
    Again, as I have stated in the notice, newsletters and forum if you need help recovering your guide please contact dave at ultimatewowguide.com

    Also please refer to new post http://www.ultimatewowguide.com/blog...ugis-guide-v4/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •