Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guide v2

Default Guide v2

I must say i like the change to TourGuide for your inbuilt leveling guide. I have been using TourGuide (i am sorry to say but the best leveling guide out there, and it's free lol) for a looong time.

This change is great as TourGuide is much easier to follow. One question though, TourGuide comes with a complete leveling guide up to level 77, what changes have you made to the guide. Have you written your own guide or is it just the same one as TourGuide comes with.

The reason I am asking this is because as a paying customer (and don't get me wrong, still the best money i have spent, your guides have helped out alot), i don't want to be be downloading/paying for something i can have for free. That is why i am asking what the difference is between V2 of UltimateWoWGuide and TourGuide (and i am only talking about the in-game guide, not all the bonuses subscribers have access to on the website).

Please don't take this as a flame or anything as I do not mean it in that way at all.

Staff Member Orc Male Warlock

This may be more of a question for Dugi, but to my knowledge...

Tour guide is dependent on the idea of lightheaded and tomtom being used along side each other in order to provide you with the correct direction and guidance on how to quest, and where to go.

We've pretty much discarded the need for lightheaded to be installed at all and have implemented UWG to include all the notes of where to pick up, turn in and complete each and every quest, so no matter what you won't have to be flicking through lightheaded for a coordinate which might not even be correct and instead have the entire guide include coordinates setting correct way points and automatically updating as you complete each step. This will again cut down on time wasted doing things other that questing as well as minimize addon usage and reduce clutter in game.

Also in the not too distant future UWG will provide other language support for our international members.

Anyway Dugi will correct me if I'm wrong
    But just thought I'd get a reply in there.

Jess.

Sweet, thank you for your reply.

Administrator Human Male Priest

We have made ALOT of changes to the guide in regards to leveling path and fixing
    errors and class quests for level 1-60, after some testing we found that TG leveling path was actually a bit better so it didn't make sense to use an inferior path we only want the best, 60-80 was pretty much a full rebuild from our own guide as TG have missed a ton of quests in each area.

and as Jess have mentioned we eliminated the Lightheaded requirement adding correct coordinates on how to complete each quest,

This will allow us to translate the guide to multiple languages (as lightheaded only comes in english) also we will have the entire guide available as printable version online which will have correct coordinates that is linked with http://www.wowhead.com/?maps for every step. (also in multiple language, not just English)

Default V2?

As an oldtimer who bought the UltimateWoWGuide package when it was only the MG and extra videos with the printer ready leveling guide I was given the link to the Alliance/Horde 1-80 guide. But I've never seen the upgrade to V2. In addition, when I sign in and go to my account, no option is offered to "uprade" to the new guide. Where am I going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    As an oldtimer who bought the UltimateWoWGuide package when it was only the MG and extra videos with the printer ready leveling guide I was given the link to the Alliance/Horde 1-80 guide. But I've never seen the upgrade to V2. In addition, when I sign in and go to my account, no option is offered to "uprade" to the new guide. Where am I going wrong?
    It has not been released yet.

Go look at the sticky that says something about foreign language support.

Administrator Human Male Priest

Alliance guide will be ready by tommorow

yaaaaaay thats freaking nice because i'm ALLIANCEEEEEEEE!
    -.-

Default How do I switch?

I have both Alliance and Horde Characters. How do I switch between A & H when playing different characters?
    HELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!

When you go to the character selecter screen you should see a tab on the bottom left hand side saying addons.. if you into that you can choose between the A and H guide there.. I have found that in order to get it to work properly you have to have either the A or H option selected seperately.. so if your play your A character only have the A selection ticked or if your playing you H character only have the H selection ticked..

Hope that made sense..