Thread: QuestHelper has broken.

Default QuestHelper has broken.

I keep getting a message box every time I long on to WoW and this is what it says.

QuestHelper has Broken You may have to restart WoW. Type "/qh error" for detailed message.

Detailed message:

Msg: Interface/AddOns/Questhelper/Director_quest, lua: 227: Attemps to call fild "?" (a nil value)
    toc: 1.1.12
    V:1.1.12
    game:3.3.0
    locale:enUS
    Timetamp:2009-12-19 07:33:06
    Motation: nil
    Silent: false
    [c]: in function "?"
    interface/AddOns/Questhelper/Director_quest.lua:227:infunction<interface/Addons/Questhelper/Direcor_quest, lua:226>Interface/AddOns/QuestHelper/director_quest, lua:542:in function
    'Quest Processor'
    Interfaces/AddOns/QuestHelper/direct_quest, lua:736:in functions'func'Interface/AddOns/QuestHelper/Manager_event,lua: 43: infunction <Interface/AddOns/QuestHelper/Manage_event, lua. 25>Interface/AddOns/Questhelper/manager_event, lua: 58: in function<Interface/AddOns/QuestHelper/Manager_event, lua: 52>
    Addons:
    DugisGuide Dailies Event, v3.2.0
    DugisGuide Viewer, vAlpha
    DugisGuide Alliance En v3.1.3
    DugisGuide Horde En v3.1.3
    Questhelper v1.1.12
    Talented, vv2.4.4-beta 1
    talentedSpec Tabs, vv2.4.4-bata 1
    Tom Tom, v222

Hmm, after patch 3.3 you dont need q helper anymore. Since its built in to the game.

Super Moderator Worgen Male Warlock

Upgrade to the latest Questhelper 1.3.5. Your version say 1.1.12:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...st-helper.aspx

I recommend using Curse Client for staying updated with addons:

http://wow.curse.com/client/

Dugi is busy spoiling us with guide V3 and site upgrade, so I guess it takes some attention away from the free addons

Edit: I agree that Questhelper isn't actually needed anymore. Most map addons work together with Blizzards new Quest objective tracking. Personally I still prefer using map addons together with Dugi's guide. F.ex: Carbonite wich is very advanced and has it's own quest objective tracking build in or Mapster wich is like Blizzards map but it allows you to scale it. .. together with Alphamap wich I always has installed no matter wich world map addon I use. I hope Alphamap will be compatible with Blizzard quest objective tracking in the future, because right now it only works with Questhelper
    Last edited by football; 12-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Alright guys but the thing is I payed for it so I wont it to work. If it was free then I would be ok and wouldn't care.

Super Moderator Worgen Male Warlock

You're paying for the guides, not the addons. Addons must be free according to Blizzard Policy.
    The addons aren't hosted in the members area. You've only been given the link and it says *optional*

It's also irrelevant because you've been given the solution to your problem and it should be fixed by now.

You're welcome...

Btw. great video at the front page where Questhelper is mentioned as a free addon

Dugi rox!