Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Zygor vs Dugi Guide Review Scam False Advertising

Hey Dugi,

Don't worry about it too much, he is probably scrambling around to rewrite his sales page again since you now need to "provide proof" for anything you claim.

At least if his business is ran out of the U.S.

-Biz

Smile Dugi vs. Zygor

What a shame, I own both guides and I did the comparison between Dugi and Zygor guides, here are my fair results.

Zygor Guide
    - The guide it self is not complete, I followed the guide to get a guest in thunderbluff ( Secret Flame) then the guide took me to the location to get the water to complete the quest but did not tell me where to get the vial. I spent about 20 Minutes trying to find out what do I need to do and then I decided to follow Dugi's (Yes I had both guides running) ant Dugi' guide was pointing me to another direction, so I decided to try and for my surprise I had to kill some humanoids and the frist one I killed the vail needed to complete the quest was retrieved and I was able to complete the quest.
    - Othe instances also the Zygor guide left me hanging lookig for a nidle in a hay stack, following Zygor guide I want off to complete a quest the Zygor tells me to kill something and get an item for a quest that I did not have, again I spent over an hour on a killing spree but no luck getting the item. Then I decided to look into the quest list and looked online and found that I needed the quest first befoer I can get the item for the quest. This type of incidents happened many times with Zigor guide thta I had no choice but to get a refund.

Dugi Guide
    So far no major issues, one thing that I experience with Dugi's guide is that the arrow points to the location of a quest and some times Ineeded to figure out the entrance of a cave but I only spent 5 minutes the most. It will be nice to have the coodinates to some quests. With Dugi guide I now have 6 level 80 character and I started playing WoW back in the beguining of the summer.
    One thee thing that I like about Dugi's guide is the daily quest guide, now that I have some level 80 character the daily quests helps keeping the game interesting.

By far Dugi guide is the best, nicely done.

Thanks
    EC

One more thing I need to add.
    Zygor guide I got my money back.
    Dugi guide I am keeping the guide and look forward to version 3.3.

Exclamation Dugi's guide blizzard policy problem

This was posted by Zygor on his forums.

Here is a list of addons that appear in your addon list when you have Dugi's guides installed:

TomTom
    Dugi's Guide - Viewer
    Dugi's Guide - Alliance
    Dugi's Guide - Horde

According to Blizzard's addon policy, all addons must be distributed free of charge. As you can see from this example, Dugi's guides ARE loaded as addons, and World of Warcraft itself considers Dugi's actual guides to be addons. This is against Blizzard's addon policy, and as such, is the reason we can claim what we claim on our sales page.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

Quote Originally Posted by swenor View Post
    This was posted by Zygor on his forums.

Here is a list of addons that appear in your addon list when you have Dugi's guides installed:

TomTom
    Dugi's Guide - Viewer
    Dugi's Guide - Alliance
    Dugi's Guide - Horde

According to Blizzard's addon policy, all addons must be distributed free of charge. As you can see from this example, Dugi's guides ARE loaded as addons, and World of Warcraft itself considers Dugi's actual guides to be addons. This is against Blizzard's addon policy, and as such, is the reason we can claim what we claim on our sales page.
    We can easily make the guides load completely hidden and all that you will see is Dugi's Guide - Viewer. And it wouldn't take us 6 months to do it ala Zygor, we can do this right now if we wanted to.

The guides requires dependencies and the guide's are not considered addons, because they don't contain any code or command that follows wow LUA programming.

We chose not to do it like because we create additional Daily/Event guides and we want our users to be able to tick and un-tick the guides because they won't need all the guides listed.

I really believe it wouldn't make any difference, but if this is what it takes to give our customers peace of mind then we will do with our new patch 3.3 update coming up.

Also regarding Zygor response in his forums

According to FTC law section 255.2 the advertiser must possess and rely on adequate substantiation for that representation.

Which mean their comparison chart where it shown that Zygor outperform every other product requires substantiation (proof).

I'd like to point out that Zygor nicely side step and lock the thread of all other issue that we pointed out and their customer concern that according to their own view they should have comply with the Policy on May 19, putting their own customers at risk for over 6 months. Because before their new update on October 18 the zygorguide addon IS an purchased only addon.

But it doesn't matter because we both know that customers are not at risk of ever getting banned.

The rest of the comment was from his customer POV which we won't be responding to since it is not officially from Zygor.

Thumbs up

Good to know. It seems Zygor needs to get some facts strait before he does anymore posting.

Dugi,

I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and also spoke to Blizzard about their site. Blizzard are looking into it and getting back to me about it, although Im not holding my breath, but they said that they claim to have a product that abides by the rules and isnt a direct sell but go against that. I mentioned to them the same facts you pointed out that they copied it from you (talents guide) and other things besides and much to the same I got no reply, I then said to them....

If you can prove what you said is true and yours is the best and I want valid points only with full details of anything you provide then I'll buy your guides.....Still no reply.

I say sue them Dugi, Slander is what you are are suing them for, unless they stop speaking utter crap about other peoples guides.

I love your guide's Dugi I do own both guides your and zygor's.
    I really don't agree with his sales tactics saying your guide is not "legal under blizzard rules on addons". I use your daily quest guide all the time and it's awesome. I have leveled using both guides and have to say your guide explains some quests better where to go an how to do them.
    Now as far as getting banned from wow just because I'm using an addon. All they can do is disable the addon and go after the author imho.
    If they go banning everyone that uses these types of guides they are going to lose a ton of customers.
    Dugi your guides are awesome I will continue using them as long as you produce them.

Senior Member Human Male DeathKnight

Is this what I just brought my business to? A bunch of snarling rabid animals that bring internal business matters to their customers to rally support?

I dont agree with that sales page tactic, nor do I agree with this thread and its purpose.

Administrator Undead Male Monk

Quote Originally Posted by lokilo View Post
    Is this what I just brought my business to? A bunch of snarling rabid animals that bring internal business matters to their customers to rally support?

I dont agree with that sales page tactic, nor do I agree with this thread and its purpose.
    Trust me when I say that this thread was our last resort, we contacted Zygor again and again but they never response to us directly. I know they received our email and read this thread.

We highly appreciate our customer support but we have never asked for it.

Zygor hold a major influence to the market. Not just to customers such as yourself but to affiliates aswell that promote WoW Guides.

Ever since the release of their new sales page with their 'stats and facts' we receive numerous emails of questions from customers and affiliates alike.

While some will be able to make their own conclusion, most people will take their statements as actual facts, and their influence will damage our image over and over again.

Losing our affiliates is one of our main concern, most affiliates that promote our guide don't even know World of Wacraft and when they see Zygor's sales page the decission will be made for them as to which guide that they will promote as their #1.

So we never let this go without a fight, taking legal action is a long process and will also be up hill battle. It will take months for us to see any results, by then the damage will be too costly. This thread is very helpful to help us to boost confindence with our affiliates.

However we have something much better than this thread lined up and it is coming very soon.